26: Leaking

"[Name]," a distant voice called out to the demon as a gentle wind brushed past her [Hair color] hair. "[Name]," the voice called again, seeing that the demon would not reply. Of course, how could she reply? – She was walking home from Celty's and people dotted the streets of Ikebukuro, as usual. If she spoke out, everyone would think she's crazy and that she was talking to herself. "[Name]," the voice continued to call out to her.

Now I know what you're thinking, if someone is calling out to [Name] in the streets why would people think she's crazy if she replied? Won't people think she's strange if she didn't reply?

Not quite.

Because nobody was calling her in the first place. Not a real person anyways.

"[Name]." It was a female voice, very smooth and calming like an angel's. "[Name], [Name], [Name], [Name]..." That was when [Name] couldn't take it any longer and whispered to herself, "Shut up. I don't want to talk to you, not right here and not right now." The voice still spoke, ignoring, "Something bad is happening. Your secrets, they're all leaking."

What is she talking about?

"It's true," the voice told her again, as if reading her mind, "Orihara Izaya is waiting for you."

[Name] stood in the middle of the crowd as her eyes shot open. Izaya... is waiting for me? Why?

"Your instincts never lied to you before, [Name]," the little voice in her head cooed, as the demon broke into a run and pushed past the shocked people.

My instincts never lie to me.

~~~Few hours ago~~~

The boy's heart sped up a little seeing the arrogant Toramaru gang members growl at him. But now, he was used to it.

He was used to all this.

The arrogance.

The ignorance.

Mikado was well aware of what to expect. He was expecting a fight just as much as the Toramaru gang wanted it. And thinking of this made his heart calmer and stronger. "You're the founder of the dollars, aren't you?" One of the members sneered at him, "We're going to kill you, if it's the last thing we do."

Weak, and pathetic.

Mikado didn't reply, but the rival group knew he was thinking of something and by the look of his eyes, they could tell he was insulting them by mind.

Because to a boy like him, words are stronger than actions.

For several minutes, they all just stood in silence. Mikado was also aware that the opposition started to think of insults in their minds too.