23: Questions

(You guys will not believe how much fun it is to put Izaya in these kind of situations... :'3 Being a writer-san with a mad crush on a cartoon character is so much fun... and painful at the same time.)

It was night time when Izaya was walking back to his place in Shinjuku and it was the hour when late-workers were going home to their families, couples were walking together, friends were just relaxing and groups were sniffing out for any enemies. Street lights and bright stores shown light to the dark, star-less night and Izaya walked amongst the crowds. He had loads of fun observing his human-demon, more fun than he had with any other person he's met but in the end he got kicked out by [Sister's name] who came home from pursuing on some errands. How pitiful. He might have stayed for much longer now that his interest in her has grown to something of an obsession. He had so many questions swarming in his head, so many unanswered questions about the underground, and about her in general. He was used to finding everything about a person on his computer, but it wasn't the same with her. His computer wasn't able to track down anything, besides the fake information which Izaya already knew was a faux. He himself struggled to find much about her, except knowing that everything he did know about her was fake.

This made him laugh to himself. He knew there was some real information down there in the underground. He tried to break the hatchets several times before, but it was strongly secure with some kind of magic. This frustrated him at first but then that frustration grew to obsession and he felt like he needed to spend more time with her every day if he wanted to know more about her. He needed to take some actions, more actions than he'd typically do with any other human being.

Her sister must have a key of some sort to get inside their home. I know [Name]'s pocket knife is under her skin so I can't steal that. But I know her sister isn't a demon and so she must have a key which I can steal and access her home! I know there must be more information down there; I just need to find a way to get there... why does she spread rumors over the internet like I do? What happened to the rest of her family? How did her cuts disappear like that? I should have asked her about it, but I know she wouldn't have answered me. There's no point in wasting time.

His mind wandered off to their date in the ice cream parlor and then the haunted castle, how she screamed every time she saw a monster with a broken neck. Izaya was positively sure she had some sort of fear for broken necks, but he never understood why. The only thing he could do at this point was use her family and friends against her; he had to put them in the direst of situations from which they'd be forced to speak out.

He walked past a group of around twenty broad and dirty-looking men beating up 5 other men who all wore the same clothing, symbolizing that they're from the Toramaru gang. The other twenty men didn't have a color or an emblem, so they must've been from the dollars. None of the men saw Izaya walk by them and they didn't even care of him; of course they were too busy keeping their precious Dollar Gang the most dangerous and powerful gang of Ikebukuro.

~~~In a specific group leader's home~~~

Mikado Ryuugamine was not pleased. He was not pleased at all with the things that were happening. He joined the Blue Squares to have more allies with him, so that he could fight back and bring peace to the Dollars. For Mikado and Anri. But it wasn't working. Members like Kanra and [O/N] are unaware of what he's trying to do and they're just posting these things, making it more difficult for him to control the gang wars.

Or so he thought.

He didn't know the true colors of these people and what they're real intention is. He needed to do something. He needed to do something fast before anything bad happens again.

~~~He will not stop fighting~~~