26; in lincoln we trust. [p.2]

9. Unity Day [Part 3]

Ignoring Finn wasn't that hard for Quinn to do, especially when he was ahead of her now, and was leading them to a bridge that was the meeting point for Clarke to talk to the grounder's leader. She was still unsure, but Clarke didn't need to see her distress, because if so, then blondie is going to be under pressure and things might end badly. Not that they will anyway. Okay, bad thinking on my part, but its true.

Clarke glanced over at Quinn for reassurance, and looked down at the girl's hands to see the bow in her hand. A feeling of relief rolled through her and she relaxed her grip on her bag's handle just a tiny bit. This was a big thing, and having to meet up with a leader, and be a leader yourself, is a lot of pressure. She's just lucky that she isn't going in it alone.

But, another thing that eases her mind is knowing that Bellamy is backup to her backup - which was Quinn. She knew Quinn knew she was the backup, hell, having Quinn there was enough if there was just that one warrior. This is earth, you can't just assume that things will go your way.

Finn broke through the trees with Clarke and Quinn following, he saw Octavia stop her minimal pacing on the bridge, noticing Lincoln was still gone and no one was there.

Quinn barely quirked a brow when she noticed Octavia stop and look at the trio. She knew that the girl was going to be there, but she questioned on where Lincoln was. But, that flew over her mind when they stepped closer to Octavia and Clarke had a look of realization on her face.

"So that's how you set this up." Clarke commented towards Finn, while Octavia gave her an unamused look, almost pissed if Quinn were to say. Blondie looked at the younger girl with accusation. "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

"I trust him, Clarke."

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke turns from Octavia towards Finn. But, he had already turned when he saw a figure coming from the other side of the bridge.

His reaction caught Quinn's attention and she outwardly clenched her hands tighter on her bow, when she saw the form in grounder gear. "Someone's coming."

She barely watched as the man started jogging across as her attention was on the lovestruck girl in front of her who started running towards him. It was Lincoln.

Clarke looked at Quinn who was occupied with what was happening before her, before she looked over the side of the bridge to find Bellamy trickling on the side followed by Raven and Jasper. All geared with a gun in hand.

"What's Octavia doing here?" Jasper asked worriedly, before they all watched Octavia run and clasp onto the grounder in a loving way who had picked her up with his arms wrapped around her. He looked down, as his heart burst. "Oh."

Even though she had heard the sadness leak into Jasper's voice, and noticed the tense and dark look on Bellamy's face, Raven still smirked. "I guess we know how he got away."

As the trio watched the couple hug, and then let go. Quinn watched as the smile on Lincoln's face was bright and loving as he stared down at Octavia... that is until he looked away from her and up at where she and Clarke were standing.

His glare penetrated into Clarke's eyes, and she felt fear trickle in heatedly, and felt herself backing up as her heart started to beat frantically.

"You're okay, blondie." Quinn rolled her eyes as she pulled the girl forward, gripping her hand onto hers. The blonde looked up at her with wide eyes, showing the older girl the fear she was trying to hold down.