33; death comes with a price.

11. The Calm [ Part 2 ]

Static echoes around the lower part of the drop ship. Monty Green sat in front of the lit up radio, a wire clipper in his hands and another tool checking the frequency. They have been trying two days straight for any feedback from the Ark. But, its dead silent.

Walking into the area, Raven grips onto the wires in her hands and walks over to Monty, his forehead furrowed in concentration. "I found some good antenna wire for the radios. This guy was using it to fix his bed." She passes them over into his hands. Her eyes looking around the table for new trinkets. "You find anything else from the exodus ship wreckage?"

"Yeah, data log." He taps the black box n front of him, the exact subject he was testing out before she had walked over to him. "Want to hear something weird?" She leans forward as he turns the radio on, and instantly they hear static mixed with a ominous sound.

The quivering of the signal makes Raven shake her head. "Sounds like interference."

"Wait. It get weirder." Monty glances at her, "When the signal hit, their nav. system went nuts. They never got it back, and then boom. It's like something was jamming the signal."

"That is weird. It also makes no sense whatsoever." Raven does nothing but shut down the idea within his mind, and pushes herself off the table. "Now, pull the drive-in speakers."

"You want to strip it?" Monty narrows his eyes. "We'll never find out where they crashed."

Across from him, Raven was already unhooking things and pulling them into her arms. "We need every component we can get our hands on if we're gonna make walkies." She pauses, lowering the item in her hand and shifts her gaze to the side. "And I need the radio."

Monty stands up from his seat. "No way. How are we supposed to contact the Ark?"

Raven pauses in front of the glowing red button, and flips the switch. All they started hearing was loads of static. Her eyes stare at the hope leaving Monty's eyes. "The Ark is not there. You're listening to a hole in the sky."

"Hey", Monty stops her from taking it down. "My family is up there." The thought of his mom and dad up on Farm Station made his heart ache that Raven was about to tear out the only bit of hope left for those with family up there in the sky.

She doesn't stop her ministrations in taking out the radio. "I'm sorry." She pulls the yellow wires out, and the static stops, her voice in a sympathetic tone, as she watches Monty look down. Indistinct voices were calling out about the arrival of hunters.  

Raven looks to the entrance, and places on a stoic expression as she walks outside the drop ship. It was dark outside, group after group were spilling in from the entrance way, and her eyes were looking for Finn as well as her best friend, Quinn. Both of whom had volunteered to head out to hunt for food. She knew Quinn would be okay, Miller and Monroe at her side. But, already knowing that Finn had gone away with Clarke, it set her on edge.

She catches eyes of Murphy, the newly added member of their little clan. Her mind still reeling over the fact Quinn had stood at his side. "The hunters are back?" She pauses beside the table, not looking at the fish he was cutting open. "Is Finn with them?"

"I don't think so." Murphy mutters, before hearing her move past him to stare endlessly at the forest past the gates. "Hey, relax. I'm sure Clarke is keeping him out of trouble."

She doesn't comment, only her face falls from sadness to pure anger. A sudden thought appears in her mind, and she walks away, her eyes dead set on Bellamy's tent. He wasn't inside, that much she knew, and as she paces inside, her only thought was heating up the anger inside her. How Finn was out there with Clarke, not even wasting time to be sad about their breakup. It made her angry. No it made her furious and rabid. She needed to find something to get her mind off of it.