17; masquerade party.

6. My Sister's Keeper. [Part 3]

One Year Ago

Octavia sat at the table fixing the many uniforms of the guards. She fixed the patch, and looked up when she saw the door open with a creak. Her brother, Bellamy, arrived from work.

"O, You'll never guess what's about to happen." Bellamy told her with a smile after closing the door.

"Inspection." Octavia said quietly, putting down her work, "I'll get in the hole." She moved to move the table and chair but her brother stopped her.

"No, no, no, no, no." Bellamy walked over stopping her in mid-move, "O, Sit, sit." He took a seat near her, "This is great." He folded his arms in front of him on the table.

"Please, Bell." Octavia raised her arms on the table wiping her face with her hands, "I don't want to hear about another amazing moonrise when I'm never gonna be able to see one."

"You're going to see one right now." Bellamy said causing her to look up from the uniform on the table, "The Unity Day masquerade dance starts in 10 minutes. Now, I didn't want to say anything." He took out the mask in his hand showing her, "until I was sure my cadet unit was working security. I'm gonna be there watching you the entire time."

Octavia looked at the mask in awe. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear before reaching for the mask. She held onto it, before looking up at Bellamy, "This is real?" He smiled nodding. She let a little laugh before she fixed it on her face. She looked up at him, "How do I look?"

She did a little pose, causing him to laugh, and her to let out a little giggle. He shook his head lightly, "Mysterious."

"Oh, Bell." Octavia started her mood dropping, "what about mom?"

"Hey, will you stop worrying? We'll be back before she even knows you're gone." Bellamy reassured her. He stood up from his seat and walked over to the door. octavia looked up in disbelief as he opened it checking if the coast is clear. Bellamy looked back, "Want to go for a walk?"

Octavia nodded instantly causing him to smile. He walked away from the door and to her, holding out his hand. She took and he led her to the door. Her insides were twisting in nervousness as she has never stepped out of the apartment before. He paused at the door looking at her. She nervously balanced on her feet, one foot to the other.

He took the first step out, and she followed his lead. They stepped out into the hall, and she twitched looking around anxiously. He smiled, before he closed the apartment door (FH/SEC17 20391) after her. He moved down the hall leaving her ringing her fingers. She mentally prepared herself before she cautiously stepped to catch up with him.

She turned down the hall, the lights balancing off the metal. She looked in awe as she saw the wires and metal halls around her. She's never been this far in the Ark in her life. Bellamy looked back at her, his hands clasped behind his back, smiling. She held her hands tightly together as she saw Bellamy turn another hall.

Bellamy stopped at the end before the window, and he smiled turning around. He stopped Octavia, smiling down at her. He turned around a few seconds later, letting her see the big window.

She stepped closer and saw outside the Ark, the moon and the earth outside. her eyes glazed with unshed tears as she stared in awe. She couldn't believe she was actually seeing the Earth for the first time. It was everything she had ever dreamed of.