34; love is dangerous.

1.12. We Are Grounders Part 1 (1)

I'm your girl,❞ she said in the dark. ❝Your girl. No matter what I'm always your girl.❞
Ernest HemingwayThe Garden of Eden 

♛♛♛

Those of the council still alive sat around the table of the room. And, a few of the residents of the Ark swarmed behind them as their Chancellor spoke to them on what all is being decided, and handing them hope in the form of words. Even if that hope sounds like misery, he wanted them to know the reality of their situation; no matter how frightening it is.

"Every simulation has been run." Jaha begins, looking around at each face in the room. Many were frightened, and others were trying hard to build a wall to prevent themselves from breaking down. If only it were that simple. "Every system modification has been made. The hard and simple fact is that in 51 hours, life on the Ark will no longer be possible. I choose to find consolation in one remarkable truth. The surviving members of the 100 have proven themselves to be more resilient than we could've ever imagined. Our legacy will go on, and for that I am not only grateful, but I am proud."

Abby's eyes start watering. A woman from behind Kane speaks up, "So what do we tell our constituents to do now? What do we do now?"

A small inch of a smile lifts on Jaha's face before it is lowered. He turns to her, "Look inside." The woman looks down instead, finding there is no hope to survive long on the Ark. "Find your peace." Abby feels her heart constrict at the thought of not seeing her daughter again, not hearing her daughter's voice, and Kane, the man who feels there has to be another way. Jaha lifts his voice, removing the sad tone of his words. "In the meantime, I'm releasing all available resources to the surviving citizens of the Ark. There will be no more rationing. What we have belongs to all of us."

Lifting up the gavel, Jaha slams it back down on the table calling the meeting to a close. Kane stays seated, but turns his head slightly as the door slides open and those behind him start walking out of the room. 

Jaha watches them leave, noticing his most trusted members of council stay behind. He looks away from Kane, turning to Abby who leans against the wall across from him with her arms crossed and a somber expression on her face. "Are you all right, Abby?"

"Yes." Abby nods, glancing between him and Kane who had just turned around to face her. Hardening her voice, she looks away from their lingering eyes instantly. "I have a patient. She was hurt in the bomb blast. I need to go."

The two hear her leave quickly, before Kane looks at his friend. "Sir, is it wise to waste rations when we don't know for sure?"

"But we do know for sure."

"Well, I can't just do nothing." Kane presses his hands on the table, pushing himself up onto his feet, not accepting that they don't have any other choice. "I have to find a solution."

"Hey", Jaha stands up as well, walking over to stand before the man. "I know this is hard to accept, but if you'd like to spend your remaining time rerunning simulations, by all means, you can do that. I, however, will be spending my time with family and a bottle of 97-year-old scotch." He smiles softly, before he presses a hand on Kane's shoulder, squeezing it with reassurance before leaving the room. 

This left Kane conflicted, not wanting to just quit when there has to be another way.

♛♛♛

Ever since last night, Quinn hasn't shook off the feeling she felt when they had found Myles. He was banged up, telling them grounders were the reason of his injuries and the ones who took Finn and Clarke. She couldn't help but feel like she should go back out there right now, skin itching in anticipation to find them, to find Monty. The boy who had gone missing on their search last night. All they found of his was the walkie that he carried.