07; jasper.

I wanna hide the truth; I wanna shelter you,
but with the beast inside there's nowhere we can hide.

-
Imagine Dragons, Demons

♛♛♛

3. Earth Kills [Part 1]

I was born in space. I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For 3 generations, the Ark has kept what's left of the human race alive, but now our home is dying, and we are the last hope of mankind.

100 prisoners sent down on a desperate mission to the ground. Each of us is here because we broke the law. On the ground, there is no law. All we have to do is survive, but we will be tested by the Earth, by the secrets it hides, and most of all by each other.

♛♛♛

One Year Ago

Clarke sat next to her dad watching a soccer game with the Chancellor and Wells. The crowd at the game cheering and the announcer talking on the tv.

"There we go. There we go." Jake Griffin cheered as the game continued. He tapped the couch excited before he looked at Jaha moving his hand around, "Feel that? Feel that? See that? Here comes the momentum change."

The others were entranced with the game as some were cheering and talking, "Defense. The defense is there."

"Serve it up.", Jake stated before they scored and he put his hands up, "Yeah! Oh! Yeah!"

"Ho!", Jaha shook his head as he watched his team loosing. Wells stepped off the seat mad at the defeat.

Jake turned to Clarke putting out his hand, "Right here, kid.", She smiled high-fiving him back. Jake shook his head in awe, "They're unbeatable."

Clarke turned her head to Wells who sat next to her, "Prepare for crushing defeat."

"It's not over yet.", Wells defended looking back to the game.

She turned back, "Actually, it was over 147 years ago."

Jaha waved a hand with a look on his face, "Ah technicality."

Clarke laughed. Jake turned to Jaha, "Give it up. You're going down."

The door opened to the room, and Abby walked in seeing the group, "What'd I miss?"

"Your husband-", Jaha pointed at Jake before at Clarke, "-and daughter being obnoxious."

"Jake." Abby laughed putting her stuff down, "Better play nice."

The game continued and Wells cheered, "Come on, get down the field, fire."

"Waste of time.", Jake stated watching the game knowing his team is going to win, "Waste-", He looked over Abby hugging him from behind, "hey, baby."

"Hi.", Abby kissed him before whispering, "So, I ran into Bennett when I was leaving the clinic and he has that systems analysis that you asked for. And about 315. She was last seen in the ward."

"Ho-ho-ho-ho!", Wells cheered, as Clarke shook her head, "This isn't gonna last."

Wells turned to her mockingly, "What was that about momentum? Oh, oh, I feel the momentum."