27; guts over fear.

PS ITS SHORT, AND I DON'T KNOW IF I LIKE IT... BUT OH WELL.

9-10. In between episodes.

"Murphy?"

It was dark, the ground was muddy and wet. Everything around her just claimed her to be caged in like an animal. Her vision had gone blurry after a few minutes, but her eyes widened once more as she heard Murphy ruffling in the caged area beside her. She crawled to the entrance, and peeked out to catch sight of him in his.

Her eyes widened at the realization that the person across from her in the cage like thing was in fact the mischievous murderer John Murphy. And that shortly caused a shiver to roll down her spine.

She heard shuffling across from her and saw the kid look through his own doorway, his eyes blood shot from crying or a beating, Quinn wasn't so sure. "With you whining over there, I was tempted to just not even respond. But, since you have my attention; what do you want?"

She swallowed the lump that crept into her throat feeling her mind draw blank. "What the hell did they do to you?"

"More like what did they not do?" Murphy's monotoned voice drone out, leaking out his exhaustion in one sweep. Which was something that Quinn picked up quickly.

"Hey! Murphy." She whispered-yelled at him. She saw him look up from the ground, his eyes showing his annoyance. "What are they going to do with us?"

Murphy scooted closer to the caged door, and looked across from him at her. "I don't know. They're trying to get something from us, been trying to since I got here. But, you seem to have all the answers, so I could be wrong. Otherwise, we're both left in the dark."

Quinn rolled her eyes, and rested her head on the door. Her forehead coming into contact with the metal bars. "When did you get here?"

"A couple days ago. I was at the waterfall getting water, just getting a breather, you know? And wham! I didn't even see them coming."

She let out a deep breath, and could hear the drawls of the grounders' language around them. Not necessarily around where the two "sky people" were, but around camp.

Murphy narrowed his eyes at the curled up girl, and loosened his shoulders. "What about you?"

Licking her lips, she shook her head; her forehead scratching against the metal. She lifted her head up meeting his eyes. "Well, I stupidly enough agreed to come along for a stupid negotiation party." She shrugged, ignoring the piercing look from the murderer across from her. To be honest she didn't even care about that fact for the moment. "Turns out it was just another field day for the grounders to kill us off. Everyone with me got back to camp, I wasn't too lucky I guess. Ended up being stabbed, and brought here."

She could hear him moving across from her, but she didn't bother to look at him once she connected her sight to the ground. She didn't what to think. Did they really get to camp safely? Or was that just another false hope that she had been thinking about since her predicament gives no hope whatsoever?

Snapping her eyes shut, she felt the burn in the back of her eyes. She never thought about having to be a situation like she is now. She didn't even imagine her having a run-in with Murphy. Hell, she completely forgot about the kid. He was literally just a figment of her imagination at this point. But, here she was, in a holding cell thing that almost reminded her of the Sky Box; minus the cold exterior, there is more wet ground that was dirt and mud. Stones were the walls, and the door was barred with rusted metal. Her head leaning against it in aggravation. How the hell ... well, she knew that her getting here was of course her being half-dead by that point. But another thought came to mind.