01; earthbound.

I'm melting down, I'm sinking through,
I had a past before I fell for you.

- Paul Hovermale

♛♛♛

1. Pilot [Part 1]

Clarke sat on the ground, drawing on the ground of what she saw in her dream. The trees, moon, and the light bouncing off of the leaves. She smiled down at the picture, inwardly thanking Wells for the charcoal he gave her.

I feel the sun on my face. I see trees all around me, scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space. It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation.

Fortunately, there were survivors at the time of the bombs. There is now only The Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream.

This is reality.

The buzzer caused her to snap her head up, seeing the doors open and two of the guards walk inside. One held up a gun facing her, "Prisoner 3-1-9, face the wall."

Reality sucks.

Clarke turned around doing as they said, "What is this?"

"Quiet." The man demanded, and the noise she heard caused her to turn around seeing them open up a box with wrist braces in them. "Hold out your right arm."

"No. No." She tried seeing one open up the brace, "It's not my time. I don't turn 18 for another month."

"Hold out your arm."

On the Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death - unless you're under 18.

She heard one of the men snap their electric guns. She turned with wide eyes not wanting to die. She didn't want this to happen, it had to be a dream.

The man walked closer as she pleaded for them to look at her file. He held the brace towards her, "Your watch."

"No. It was my father's." She stated not wanting the one thing that was hers to be taken away.

The man instantly reached forward, "Take it off."

He grabbed her arm trying to take it off and she yelled, "No!" Twisting out of his arms, and he yelled after her. "Hey!"

She ran getting out of one man's arms, before pushing the man to the wall with the electric gun. "No." She avoided the first man, and ran out of her cell stopping at the railing. She had closed the door behind her before she looked around.

Juvenile offenders get put here in lockup. We call it the sky box.

She saw the other offenders being taken away. And she realized what the Ark must be doing. They're going to take them away to die. She saw the cell beside her open up and a guard saw her yelling out, "Prisoner 3-1-9-"

"Clarke, stop." Abby Griffin saw her daughter and walked over to where she was passing the guard, "Wait here."

"Mom?" Clarke cried out as her mother pulled her into a hug, "Mom, what's going on? What is this?"

She looked in front of her seeing one boy being pulled by a guard, "Come on. Let's go."

She let go of her mother, "They're killing us all, aren't they? Reducing population to make more time for the rest of you?"