12; raven has landed.

5. Twilight's Last Gleaming [Part 1]

I was born in space. I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For 3 generations, the Ark has kept what's left of the human race alive, but now our home is dying, and we are the last hope of mankind.

100 prisoners sent down on a desperate mission to the ground. Each of us is here because we broke the law. On the ground, there is no law. All we have to do is survive, but we will be tested by the Earth, by the secrets it hides, and most of all by each other.

♛♛♛

Clarke sat up looking at Finn who was waking up slowly. His eyes flickered beneath his eyelids before slowly opening up. "Hey."

"Hi." Clarke replied with a lazy smile on her face. She reached up her hand to his hair brushing it back. "It's almost dawn. We should probably get going. Can't just lie around in bed all day."

"Or we could just lie around in bed all day." Finn replied tiredly, in which earned a full grin from Clarke.

"Finn you know that last night wasn't just about needing someone." Clarke started. Finn's attention stolen to her automatically. "I needed you. I wanted it to be you. You understand that, right?"

"Sure." Finn looked at her, "And I should probably tell you that last night, for me, wasn't really about you." Clarke's grin fell as she looked down at him, "I just wanted to have my first Earth sex." He grinned, and she let out a laugh. "You were around. Passably cute."

Clarke rolled her eyes as she straddled his hips once more and laughed, "Jackass." She bent down kissing him again, as he wound his arms around her back.

♛♛♛

Abby sat in the the for hours, not knowing when they were going to come get her. She knew what she did was right, she saved the Chancellor's life, and now she has to pay. All thanks to Kane. She coughed into her shoulder before the sound of the door sliding open behind her knocked her attention away towards the entry.

An officer walked inside as she stood up, "Prisoner. Step to the rear of the cell."

"Have we heard from Raven?" Abby asked him.

The officer turned to the doorway where the Chancellor stood, "You can leave us alone, Sergeant."

The officers left immediately, closing the door after. Raven turned to him, "Has Raven started her descent?" The Chancellor didn't reply only gave her the chart with the information. She looked down confused, "Environmental numbers?"

"As of this morning." The Chancellor stated. "Oxygen is down 16%. Co2 and methane are heading to red levels."

"Our projections said", Abby looked from the chart to the Chancellor, "that we wouldn't be critical for another 3 months."

"Your husband's projections were wrong. The council has granted you work release pending review." The Chancellor gave her the details, "Medical is overwhelmed. Dizziness, fatigue, vision problems."

"It's pulmonary toxicity." Abby looked away from him, "I know how they feel."

The Chancellor turned away and went to the table opening up the case he brought with him, "The prison section has been on half-air since midnight."

Abby saw the hose in his hand as he unwired it. She followed it to the oxygen tank that lay inside the case. "No. I'm not gonna take more than my share. We start choosing who gets extra o2, and we're one step closer to choosing who lives and who dies."