25; in lincoln we trust. [p.1]

9. Unity Day [Part 2]

Bellamy stared across the table at Quinn who was completely concentrated at what was at hand. He couldn't help but let a smile appear on his face when he looked at how her face scrunched up in a cute way - did I just think that? - his smile lowered immediately.

What was she doing? Well, she was in the middle of a game which involves the whiskey. While some were actually doing the whole coin toss thing (practically like beer pong), she was doing something totally different. She had a few cards in her hands and was tilting her head as she looked at the card that was currently on the table.

King.

In her hands was another King, a Queen, and three others with the numbers 8, 3, and 6. She had no idea what the hell she was doing, and she didn't bother with playing by the rules. In essence, she created her own rules. Across from her she could practically feel Bellamy's gaze on her.

She didn't bother looking up because then she'd most likely forget that she was about to place another King down. She leaned forward, her eyes narrowed before she casually picked out the King from her hands and placed it down on the table.

She didn't say a thing, as she looked up at Bellamy who simply quirked an eyebrow at her as he looked from the cards on the table to her.

Lifting up her drink, Quinn rose hers as well. "Your turn, your highness."

He snorted, shaking his head at her before looking down at the deck of cards in his hands. What he had was similar to hers, there was a King, Jack, and a 5, 4, and 7. He picked out the King in his hands and placed it down with the two others, before drawing another one from the stack.

"So." Quinn looked at him with narrowed eyes, seeing him look at her now. "What is this game again?"

She shrugged placing a random 8 card on the pile. "No clue, I just saw a group over there-" She pointed at the table, her hands slightly shaking from addrenalin given from the whiskey, at a few who were playing cards. " -were playing, so I just picked a stack and here we are."

Bellamy watched her lower her hand down once more and look down at her own cards. Its not that he cared about the game that they were 'playing', he was just wanting to talk to her for once. Not that he didn't before, but like the beginning he had a feeling about her. There was something about her that drew him in. And he wanted to find out what that was.

Sure, he found out that the girl from the masquerade party was her, and that she simply blamed herself for Octavia's prisonment, but she was a mystery. And she was odd, but a nice odd that he was willing to know better.

She felt his stare on her again, and she looked up once more seeing him look away. She narrowed her eyes confused before she looked away herself. She was confused. They were friends, which was accounted just a week or so ago, and now she felt more.. attached? No, she felt more relaxed around him.

But, at times she can't stop looking up at him. She knew that she would follow him no matter where he goes. Also, Unity Day is weird for her. But, it feels like he's trying to make it better for her since this was practically her first one to have actual fun outside of prison.

"If you could wish for one thing in the entire world, what would it be?" Quinn glanced over at Bellamy, her eyes dancing with excitement. "Oh! And don't say you'd wish for something stupid like I don't know, just nothing stupid."

Bellamy shrugged, not really caring because he had everything already down here. "I have a feeling I already answered this question."

"Yeah." Quinn asnwered in a duh tone, shaking her head. "But, that was wishing on a star. There's a difference. Like okay, I'll say I wish for peace and tranquility."