32; now we hunt.

11. The Calm [ Part 1 ]

For the past two days, everything has calmed down. Since the outbreak of the biological warfare that the grounders sent the group via Murphy and Quinn, everyone has slowly and surely gotten over it. To put matters behind them, they had only one thing to worry about - the grounders. Since the outbreak and the blowing up the bridge, there hasn't been retaliation. But, that didn't mean the delinquents weren't lazying around and not doing anything to defend themselves.

Thanks to Raven and her genius ideas, the field outside of the gates was being filled with land mines. That being said, if a grounder were to step on one, they'd be blown apart. It was a good idea, a good defense mechanism that they severely needed.

On top of the mines, Quinn had made trip wires. Setting them up around the gates, she sought out earlier this morning and started heading deeper into the woods, setting more up to hold up the grounder forces longer so that it would give them the ultimate surprise. 

Unfortunately, she wasn't allowed to go outside the gates on her own. She knew it was because of Bellamy. Strangely enough he's been acting odd around her, and it seemed to be reciprocated from her side of the relationship as well. She usually ignores it, but since Miller had to open his mouth she couldn't stop looking over at Bellamy to catch his eyes. Maybe she was searching for something that wasn't there, and maybe she was being too hopeful. After all, what she was feeling shouldn't be shown at times like this. But, a crush, really Quinn? How could you like someone at times of war?

It wasn't like she could help it, the crush just sorta creeped up on her.

"You almost done?"

"Patience is a virtue." Quinn glances over her shoulder, eyeing Miller who was twitching on his toes. "Remember that Nathan. And, to set these right, you have to have patience." Her eyes went back to the trap in front of her, and locking it in place she smiles.

Miller's eyes glaze over the forest, hearing the echoes of the kids back at camp behind him. "I'm patient. I just don't like being out in the open."

"Nothing is out here." Quinn stands up, knees popping from the amount of time being crouched near the ground. Her hand dances across her bow, her fingers twitching. "If they were, we wouldn't be breathing nor talking at this moment."

"Is that meant to be reassuring?"

Quinn rolls her eyes, and starts walking around him. "Come on, scaredy cat." 

"I'm not a scaredy cat."

"Sure you're not." She teases, dimples on display as she smiles at him. 

He shoves her softly, and she returns the favor, both joking around as they near the camp.

Stepping out of the gates, Bellamy looks over at Sterling who had been taking watch this morning for the past 5 hours. "First watch is over." He nods back into camp. "Go relieve Monroe on the south wall. Keep your eyes open." His command going to those keeping watch as well as those who had just stepped out of the gates alongside him.

His eyes found the blonde down the ways, and he walks down to stop beside her. "Anything?" He questions, seeing her eye him for a moment or two, before shaking her head.

"It's been two days." Clarke mutters, eyes skimming the woods like a hawk. She could make out the two figures nearby setting up something along the tree banks, one with a gun who seems anxious, as the other had that signature bow on her back and a small smirk on her face. Clarke narrows her eyes, "Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good."