28; biological warfare (traitorous).

10. I Am Become Death [Part 1]

I was born in space. I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For 3 generations, the Ark has kept what's left of the human race alive, but now our home is dying, and we are the last hope of mankind.

100 prisoners sent down on a desperate mission to the ground. Each of us is here because we broke the law. On the ground, there is no law. All we have to do is survive, but we will be tested by the Earth, by the secrets it hides, and most of all by each other.

♛♛♛

Considering the fact that there was no way in hell that the two knew where they were going, one or the other had to rely on their surroundings and figure out if anything they see is even remotely familiar. So far, all thats been seen are trees, trees, and more trees. It was like the grounders were literally watching them trip over themselves and laugh at their failed escape. 

Their escape wasn't exactly a fail, the two had gotten a mile or so away from the grounders' camp and had found themselves in the middle of nowhere. Well, if you were Quinn, this would be nowhere. 

For Murphy, he had remembered certain things when he was taken by the grounders. Between the two, he seemed to be finding himself leading the two away from their confinement and hopefully, closer to their camp. 

"Do you even know where we're going?" Quinn sighed, her hands gripping her chest as she felt the wrap inching her skin. It was uncomfortable. "I mean, for all we know, we could be running in circles."

Murphy rolled his eyes as he paused, checking on her, his hand rested on a tree beside him. "We would be running, but in case you haven't noticed, we're both injured and running would only make us more tired."

She quirked a brow in frustration, stopping beside him and bent down some with her hands on her knees. She looked at the direction they came from before back at him. "This seems too easy."

"Please, don't say that-"

"No. I'm serious, Murphy." She cut him, noticing his annoyance. But her exasperation caught his attention. "I mean, what if this was their plan all along? They leave our cages open, we escape without being noticed; whose to say that they aren't following us?"

He looked down at her, then looked around them, lowering his voice. "If they were following us, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have left us alive for so long. They would've already killed us the moment we crossed their border."

At the thought of the border, Quinn's eyes widened. "Border?" Her hand immediately latched onto his arm, thinking about the skeletons the last time she passed the 'border'. 

"Yeah." Murphy looked at her bewildered, glancing at the hand on his arm. "Why, does that mean something to you?"

She moved her hand off of him, nodding. "Yeah. I remember going passed that when we looked for Octavia -" She caught his confusion, and shook her head dismissing it. "You don't know, okay, a grounder took Octavia, and then we took the grounder; its just complicated, especially now that we're at war with the grounders."

"Right." He drawled out, his confusion still clear on his face. "But, wouldn't that mean that we're a part of the game now?"

Quinn started to walk again, him following, thinking about it. "Well, yeah. But, I think we're bigger pieces now because -" She sighed. "They know where we are, where our camp is, and that's on us."

"No thats on me." Murphy shook his head, his eyes casting down to his hands that were bloodied and nailless. "I was there for three days. I went through things that I didn't even know could happen. I just slipped up, and couldn't hold on."