Sports Festival Pt.2

"OUR FIRST PLACE WINNER IS IZUKU MIDORIYA." We run into the stadium and slowly come to a stop and catch our breath. As we wait for the rest of the people to make it back I talk to Izuku. Ochako, Tenya, and Hitoshi join us not long after. We continue to talk until the rest of the students make it to the stadium.

After everyone gets back, Midnight announces that only the top 42 will move on to the next round. Izuku came in first and Hagakure ended up coming 42nd. Midnight turned back to the game wheel to choose the next event. The wheel chose a Cavalry Battle. "There will be teams of two to four. For a team of four there will be the rider, the front horse and the two flanks. You must steal other teams' headbands to accumulate your own points. And if you loose all your points or get knocked down you still have a chance to get them back.

She told us that the points would go as, "last place gets 5 points 41st gets 10 points, and so on until first place which gets 10,000,000 points. Everyone suddenly has their eyes on Izuku. 'He must be freaking out right now.' "You have 15 minutes to pick your teams. GO." Everyone was avoiding Izuku so I chose to be on his team. Ochako had the same idea so we just needed one more person. 

Suddenly Izuku was face to face with a pink haired girl. She introduced herself as Mei Hatsume from the support course. Ochako had met her in the first event briefly. She was an inventor and wanted to show off her inventions. She decided that there would be no better way to do that than to join the person everyone would be watching. So we had our four people.

Since Izuku came in first, he had 10,000,000 points. I came in fourth so I got 195 points. Ochako had 140 points and Hatsume had 60 points. In total that would be 10,000,395 points that we would have to keep safe. We started to come up with a plan. Ochako would make us lighter so we could move around easier. we would also use Hatsume's inventions for more mobility. I would focus on defending us from attacks.

We finished our plan just as the timer went off. Midnight had us scattered around the arena and started a 25 minute countdown. As soon as she said go the other teams started moving towards us. We were ready for them though and immediately shot to the sky. Izuku was wearing a jetpack, Hatsume was wearing anti-gravity boots, Ochako wore hover boots and I chose not to wear any gear. From the air I had a perfect vantage point. I used a gun that shot bullets that were filled with a poison. It wouldn't hurt them just paralize them for a while. I managed to shoot about five teams before we hit the ground again. 

This time we ran around the edge of the arena and collected a few headbands. Now we had 10,000,695 points. Izuku tied one of those headbands around his forehead and tied the other ten million five hundred ninety-five points around his neck. He flipped them around so the numbers weren't visible. Now all we had to do was run away from the other teams for the next 15 minutes. Bakugou's team and Shoto's team came flying towards us again so we took to the air one more time. Bakugou was not letting us get away that easy though and blasted himself up to meet us in the air. I took out a gun with rubber bullets and shot him once in each shoulder before he could reach us.

This caused him to loose focus and fall back to the ground. But before he could hit the ground Sero used his tape to pull Bakugou back to their team. "Is that allowed?" asked Present Mic once again. "He didn't hit the ground so it's ok," Midnight replied. We hit the ground and immediatly ran for the other side of the arena. Shoto caught up however and created a circle of ice that blocked out the other teams. Tenya told Shoto he had a secret move that would help them get our headband. He powered up his quirk and used its most powerful form. They rushed towards us and managed to grab the headband on Izuku's forehead. But it was only worth 100 points. We were still in first place.

Suddenly we hear a banging from the ice and out bursts Bakugou's team. In order to make it look like Shoto has the 10,000,000 points and make Bakugou chase him, we start running at Shoto. Bakugou jumps away from his team and toward Shoto. But just before anyone reaches him the countdown ends meaning this event is over. And we still have our 10,000,595 points giving us a guaranteed first place win. Midnight announces the teams to advance into the next event would be, "team Midoriya coming in first place with 10,000,595 points. Team Bakugou with 635 points coming in second place. Team Todoroki coming in third place with 625 points. And team Shinso with 490 points coming in fourth place. These four teams will advance to the next round.

'Excuse me ma'am but I'd like to withdraw," came from Ojiro, "it's just that I don't remember anything that happened and I don't think it's fair that I move on without doing anything." A short blue haired kid from class 1-B withdrew for the same reason. "How incredibly naive boys, it turns me on." She then chose two people from team Tetsutetsu to go one to the next round. The two she chose were Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, and Ibara Shiozaki. "Now that we have our 16 finalists lets get on to the one-on-one battles."

"The last event of the sports festival is always a one-on-one battle but they switch it up every time. Last year it was a one-on-one foam sword fight," Sero tells Tsu. "That honestly sounds like fun," I say. "It was fun to watch," he replies. We have a 30 minute lunch break before the next event so they can build the stage and we can regain our energy. The dekusquad heads to the cafeteria to eat something and calm down from the adrenaline the last match provided.

There would be 8 matches for the first round of the final event. Then four for the second round. Two for the semifinals and the the final match would determine the winner of this years Sports Festival. All of us were aiming for that spot but there could only be one winner.