[13]

For the next week, Damien goes to work and Raina sits on the swinging bench on the side of their house. On this Saturday afternoon, it's the same, except he doesn't have to work. Instead, he's in the house with his two friends making gallons of jungle juice and prepping for the party taking place tonight.

She's dreading the event as she always does but nothing that she says will put Damien off of his plans. She's going to do what she always does and sit on the swing or stay up in their bedroom. Well, try to, anyway.

Raina reads her book on the tablet and eats Doritos out of the family size bag as her boyfriend pours a bottle of Ciroc into an empty water gallon. Immersed in her reading, she doesn't see the man walking up to the swing from across the lawn.

"Is he having a party tonight?"

She startles at the sound of Jungkook's voice. She puts her hand on her chest and looks at him.

"You scared me."

He laughs at her. "Sorry. I didn't mean to. I thought you heard me coming."

"No. I tend to drown everything else out while I'm reading. And yeah. Every Saturday night."

The monotony in her voice gives away her distaste.

"Mm." Jungkook says as he takes the bottle of chocolate milk from his pocket. He shakes it up and holds it out for her as his eyes focus on the windows on the side of the house.

He sees Damien smiling and laughing with his homeboys and tries not to look at him in disgust. It isn't that he's disgusted by him per se. He just.. dislikes many things about him at the moment. Especially the fact that he has Raina and disregards everything that she's practically screaming in his face with her actions.

Raina takes the bottle from him and swallows thickly as she looks at him. He's not wearing a shirt, nothing but white nylon shorts and Nike slides. His chest is moist with sweat and she gets a good look of his tattoos up close. She's trying to tear her eyes away, she swears. Her face is heating with each passing second. The eight pack staring her in the face makes it difficult to do.

She feels like a horny teenager for the thoughts running through her head.

Jungkook feels her staring at him. He can see her in his peripheral. It doesn't bother him in the slightest. Flustering her in mild ways and unsuspecting circumstances is becoming his favorite thing to do.

She finally looks away as her thoughts take the dive off the deep end and she turns her entire body away from him.

Boyfriend, Raina. Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend.

Her heart is beating in her ears. Why is it so loud? She shakes her head at herself as she twists the cap off the milk. She intends to take a sip but takes three large gulps. Jungkook runs his tongue along his top teeth before licking his lips.

"Well, I just came to give you the milk. I'm assuming you ran out or you'd have one by you." He says and she nods without looking at him at first.

"Yeah. I did run out. Thank you."

"Never a problem." He says as he smiles at her.

The screen door to the side of the house opens and Damien comes out. He smiles in a friendly way when he sees Jungkook and he forces one back.

"Wassup man?" He daps him up.

"Nothing much. About to stream and then take my car to get an oil change later."

"Damn. I know that maintenance expensive. That's a '21 Benz?"

" '22." Jungkook replies. "And it's not too bad. Nothing I can't afford."