Chapter 44

Riya's POV

" Well, it had got nothing to do with you. I don't understand, why are you so bothered? "  I said and he was annoyed at what I said.

" It has everything to do with me if I am the one, who has to come to rescue you from something or someone you can't handle. " He said sarcastically.

" Please don't bother to come and rescue me. I will handle my issues on my own. "  I said as I was hurt by the way he shouted at me and ignored me in hospital.

"  Are you sure? You need me to protect you, Riya."  He said raising his eyebrow and was losing patience.

What does he think of himself?

" No!! I don't need you. "  I said.

" Are you sure you're not going to need me?? Hell... you are not even capable of judging for yourself who you should be friends with and who you should not? " He said.

" Don't worry... I will learn with time, everybody does that. " I retorted.

" Fine!! So, next time you are in trouble and call for me, I should leave you to get on with it by yourself, isn't it? " He said.

" Don't worry, I will not disturb you. I am twenty-three, it is high time for me to know about the world. I will learn by exploring. " I retorted.

I don't know why I was so angry all of a sudden. Maybe because he was being extra nice with Disha.

No, I think it was because he was giving me mixed reactions. If he was interested in me, then why could he not tell me?

Why was he being over possessive about me?

But as soon as I said that, the look in his eyes changed making him look a bit devilish. He looked angry and started coming towards me his face was set in hard lines making me wish I had not said that.

He was coming towards me and removed his dinner jacket and took off his tie. I should have been scared by that but I was rooted to the floor as if he had hypnotized me.

He caught my hand and pulled me in his arms and I was still not alarmed.

" You want to learn by exploring?? Great! You can start exploring right away. There is no time like the present..."  He said and the very next moment, I saw his head coming down and his lips claimed mine.

He was kissing me, but his kiss was not gentle or tender, or warm or healing... like the last time. It was harsh and brutal as if he was angry at me.

Though I liked him, I didn't want to be kissed like that.

So I pushed him with might and shouted, " No! " He stumbled but claimed my mouth again. I pushed him again and tried to get free of his arms but he didn't leave me.

I didn't want him to kiss me like he was punishing me for saying that. So I kept struggling which made him lose his balance and we both fell on the couch.

I landed on the couch first and he was on top of me.

" Leave me right now, what are you doing?? " I panicked and shouted at him and tried to get up by pushing him. But he didn't let me.

" I am helping you to learn a few things. "  He said like a devil.

" No! Get up!! Leave me! "  I was shocked.

" Why?? You wanted to explore the world... What happened to...  'It is high time for me to know about the world. I will learn by exploring?'. "  He was mimicking me.