Chapter 83

Riya's POV

Mehfil was arranged by dado sa which was an all-men Bachelor’s party and an all-women Bachelorette party, separately.

Parth had another ritual called nikasi, in Nikasi the husband of the groom's sister lovingly decks up the groom by tying a fancy Sehra on his head. Siddharth did that for him, his turban was decorated with a ‘Kalangi’.

Maurvi and Shruti tied a holy golden thread around the mare to ward off evil and then applied Kajal to the side to protect him from vicious vibes. Even the wedding mare was also decked up with jewellery and the priest performed a Puja.

There were many other rituals and traditions. We both followed them but we were not supposed to meet.

Parth's POV

I wore an Achkan over a Jodhpuri with a Churidar pyjama. A red Bandhni printed turban held together by traditional jewellery called Sarpech enhances the royal look. Siddharth made me wear the turban. I also wore a pearl necklace and a Kamarbandh with a Sword tucked in.

The wedding venue entrance was decorated beautifully with Toran (decorative arch hanging) that I had to hit it with a neem stick before entering the venue.   This wedding tradition was performed to cast away all negative energies.

Riya's mother welcomed me by feeding me sweets, and flowers and performing Aarti. I was waiting for all this to get over as soon as possible as I wanted to see my beautiful princess.

She was asked to come for the Jai mala, my heart started beating very fast. I was going to get married to her.

I was still waiting for my love to come, then the music changed again, and my bride was going to enter. Everyone turned to see towards the entry door. 

There she was, the love of my life, my Riya. She was looking like some goddess in that wedding attire.

Her mehndi clad hands were covered with lots and lots of bangles.

Oh god !! She was looking so good.

In fact, she was the most beautiful bride I had ever seen and she was mine. 

Every slow step she was taking toward me was making my heart flutter. Everyone else faded and all I could see was her coming toward me very slowly and shyly.

Then she looked at me for a fraction of a minute and my heart was going to launch itself out of my chest.

She was coming towards me and I helped her to climb up on the stage as she was wearing that heavy yet elegant lehenga.  She came and stood by me making me the happiest person in the world.

Riya's POV

Tanvi and Shruti accompanied me to the mandap, I was walking slowly. He was looking at me with such a beautiful smile on his face. I wanted to run to him and throw myself in his arms. At the same time, I wanted to hide as he looked at me in such a way.

He helped me get up the stage and we exchanged floral Jaimalas( garlands)  with each other. He seemed to be in a hurry. Everyone was teasing him for that but he kept smiling.

Right after the Jaimala ceremony, Ganthbandhan is performed,  one end of my  Churni (veil) was tied with an end of Parth's waistcloth to make a knot. This cloth was then placed on his shoulder. This whole ritual signified our union as a couple.

My father did the Kanyadaan,(the father of the bride gives away his daughter to the groom). 

After the Kanyadaan, my father places my hand over Parth's hand and asks him to accept me as his wife. He gave him an assuring smile and dad smiled back as he was also sure about it now.

We took our seven
rounds around the holy fire while chanting mantras together. With each round, I pushed a grinding stone with my toe which signified the warding off the challenges away from our lives.

He applied sindoor ( vermilion) in hair parting and took blessings from everyone. The priest announced a married couple. I was his wife now. He was looking at me with so much love that I just wanted to cry out of happiness.

Once the wedding is over we were about to exit, Parth could not find his shoes. Tanvi did the ritual of Joota Chupai. This is done by the bride's sister or friends.  She asked for rupees eleven thousand in exchange for the shoes. It was quite fun negotiating as Sid had another pair of shoes ready for Parth. But Dado sa told him to give money to Tanvi.

An elaborate traditional meal was served. It had all the Rajasthani delicacies and  Dal Baati Choorma, Ker Sangri, Gatta curry, Lal Maans, Gatta Pulav with all the usual food items. Since it was the best 5-star hotel, the food was awesome.

We were married, and my parents bid me farewell with teary eyes. My parents were getting very emotional.

I was welcomed into the palace by Mrs Jindal. She performed Aarti and welcomed me home. I had to topple down a jar full of rice with my foot, dip my feet into a red dye and walk inside the house leaving red footprints.

I had seen all that on television and in movies but it was so heart touching when I really did that.

After all these ceremonies, we again played some fun games. Jindal Aunty arranged another ritual.

They made me freshen up, and change into a fresh saree. The married women combed my hair and gave me blessings according to one of their traditions.

After all that Maurvi bhabhi and Shruti took me to Parth's room. I had been to that room earlier as well but today my heart skipped a few beats as there were my pictures too on his walls now.

The room looked like a dream, more romantic than I could ever write about or even imagine. It was beautiful...

A Sheer drape canopy was made around the bed. Floral strings were wrapped around the bed, making a canopy of flowers. Along with drapes.

There was a flower chandelier. the bed was covered with red roses and towel swans. There were white and red Balloons everywhere on the floor. Romantic and soothing music playing at low volume.

Flowers were in every corner of the room making me go crazy. The ambience was perfect, with tiny dim fairy lights in the room giving a fairytale feel.

Everything looked perfect and beautiful for the beginning of a new journey together, along with an extra romantic setting in the balcony where we had slept once.

" Hmmm... very romantic!!"  Maurvi bhabhi said. I blushed at that.

" I will give you the number of Vikram Bhai. He is a cardiologist," Shruti said to me.

I got confused about why was she saying it. But Maurvi bhabhi grinned and nodded.

" Why?? " I asked.

" You are looking so beautiful and Dado sa didn't let Parth meet you for so many days. He is getting crazy, already and on top of it, if you blush like this, his heart may stop working for a few seconds. In that case, call him. " Shruti said and winked.

"Shut up, Shruti! " I said shaking my head.

Parth's POV

I knew how Gautam bhai used to tease everyone so I was avoiding him at any cost. Whenever he called me, I made some excuse and tried to get away from there but he finally caught me.

Sid and Bhai were teasing me and I just tried not to react at all as if I had given any reaction, I would have never heard an end of it.

😍😍😍😍💞💞💞💞💞💞😍😍😍😍😍😍💞💞💞💞💞💞

Happy Durga ashtami 🙏

Good morning friends 😘

Here is my today's chapter, I hope you liked it, please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share, and follow.

Take very good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi😍💞😍