Chapter 48

Riya's POV

" Have your food, then we will talk about it. "  He said.

" Why didn't you order food for yourself? " I asked.

" I am not hungry... "

" But you didn't even have lunch," I said.

" Doesn't matter! Don't pretend as if you care. You would have told me otherwise. How does it matter, if I was worried to death that a lunatic was stalking you and you were missing? "  He said keeping his tone lower but I knew he was very angry.

" Dr Parth!! Please have food. We will talk about it later."  I requested as I was concerned about him.

" No!! How could you do that? Just a stupid mistake from my side and you broke the special bond we shared? I apologised to you... "  He was shaking his head as if he was cursing himself.

" I am not angry because of that. " I said immediately.

" You are... You have changed. After that incident. "  He retorted.

" Please, have food! "  I said shifting the plate towards him.

"  Fine!! Don't tell me... " He got up from the table and started pacing the cafe, looking into his phone.

God!! Such a stubborn man.

I felt bad for him. He must have been worried as he was overprotective by nature.

He was worried for me and here I was torturing him more with my questions.

I wanted him to eat food. I could not eat while he was suffering.

" Dr Parth, the pasta is getting cold. "  I said to bring the sulking Dr Parth to come back to the table and have food.

" I don't want it... "  He said.

I took a fork full of pasta in my mouth and moaned. 

" Umm... It's yummy, because of the double amount of cheese."  I said looking at him.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds and took a few deep breaths and then looked at me.

" Enjoy!! I don't want it. "  He said and looked into his phone as if he was doing the most important thing in the world. 

" Hey, Riya?? What are you doing here? Having night duty? " Dr Vidyut said, coming towards me.

I looked at Dr Parth, he looked up from his phone and clenched his jaw.

" Why didn't you tell me? We could have shared a meal. Anyways it is not late...  What are you having? "
He asked sitting in front of me.

" Wow! This looks great!! Is it as tasty as it looks? Can I taste it, before ordering ?" He asked picking up the extra fork, I had kept on the plate for Dr Parth to have some pasta.

" No! Order for yourself and then try. " Dr Parth came back to the table and sat down next to me pulling the plate towards him.

" I am not asking you, Dr Parth! I am asking my friend. "  Vidyut said.

" Well, I ordered it for both of us and we were enjoying it before you shamelessly invited yourself to taste it. I know, you won't mind, but I would definitely mind as I don't like to share anything with people I don't like. "  He said and picked up my fork and ate some.

" It is as yummy as it always is... I love to share it with you, Riya.  C'mon have it, before it gets cold. What are you waiting for? " He asked looking at me.

" It was my fork, Dr Parth. "  I said.

" Oh, was it! Does it matter?? You know how I love to share food with you. I will get you another one. And Dr Vidyut, do you mind leaving us alone to enjoy our food? "  He glared at Vidyut.