|22| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA

AMAYAH

"Tris." I called softly.

"Hey." He smiled, pulling me into hug. "What made you come here?"

"I want to talk to you about something."

A conversation I should've had with him a long time ago. It's time to stop hurting not only myself, but also Aaron. This is something I should've done in the first place. I was a coward back then and I regret dragging this for too long.

"Alright, why don't you sit down first?" Tristan pulled a chair for me and went to the mini fridge he has in this office, handing me my favorite drink. I couldn't help but smile. "I know how obsessed you are with that."

"You can't really blame me, this is delicious."

"I beg to differ." I rolled my eyes at that. "I was only kidding. Of course, it's good."

I didn't reply, biting my bottom lip and thinking of how I should start. Tristan kept quiet, waiting patiently for me to start talking. It was one of the things I love about him. His patience and understanding.

"I agree to the divorce."

I was expecting him to be surprised, even just a little bit, but Tristan only smiled as he pulled me into a tight hug. Wrapping his arms around my waist, I laughed as he twirled us around after lifting me up.

"Stop! Tristan!" I slapped his shoulder when I started to feel dizzy. He finally let go, cradling my face and landing a wet kiss on my cheek.

Grossed out, I wiped my face with my handkerchief and lightly smacked his arm.

"At least pretend to be sad about it." I said in a playful manner.

"You can't blame a man for being this happy. I waited for a year, mind you. Besides, I honestly thought this will end in a nasty divorce. I'm glad you had a change of heart."

I squinted my eyes at him. "You really can't wait to get rid of me, huh?"

"Get rid of you? Never! You may not be my wife anymore–soon– but you're still my bestfriend. Always will be, Amayah. This, us, it's for life." He placed his arm around my shoulder.

"What made you change your mind?"

That is the same exact question I've been asking myself lately. Although I do know there are a lot of reasons. Tristan's happiness, his advice, for our son's sake, for myself... and, a reason I still keep on denying.

"A chance at new love?" He teased.

"Why are you acting like a teenage bitch? Stop it."

"Oh, wow. Now you're showing your true color. I can't believe I married you."

I rolled my eyes. "Trust me, I can't believe it either.

"Want to celebrate? We could go to a restaurant." He suggested to which I agreed.

Tristan left work early, reminding his secretary to cancel his appointments for today. We entered his car as he drove as to whatever place he has in mind. I stared out the window as my soon-to-be ex husband glanced around, looking for a decent place we could eat.

"Hey, Amayah," I hummed out my reply. "I was actually wondering if it's okay with you, I want you to meet Bianca."

"Your girlfriend?" He nodded with a smile. "She knows me, right?" Another nod proved my concern. "Are you certain she won't try to kill me for basically holding you onto this marriage for a year?"

Tristan chuckled, shaking his head. "Of course not, she wouldn't do that. Bianca understands what we were going through. I'm sure you two will get along."