|56| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Are you in her class again?" Julius hunched over my shoulder to peek at my portal, squinting his eyes as he looks to find my girlfriend's name on the list of my subject professors. Finding none, he gave me a fist bump. "Nice, now you don't have to drop her class if ever she's your professor again."

"Yeah,", I sighed happily, feeling a bit of relief from this lessening one of our worries.

"Are you really planning to transfer?" He asked the nth time since I told them. The others were sad about it but they understood, this dude however is acting way too clingy. Despite me choosing a university just 30 minutes away from them. "I'm gonna miss you, bud."

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculousness. "I'm still here for another four months. Don't be dramatic."

The dumbass gasped. "So, you won't miss me?"

Lexie, on my behalf, smacked her boyfriend in the arm. "Stop being so clingy."

"Let him act like a little bitch," Zoey commented in the midst of painting her nails, earning a glare from Julius and a laugh from us.

"Rude fuck," Julius nudged her foot.

Zoey gasped. "Hey! You made me mess up my nails!"

"You deserve it."

"Come here, bitch. I'll show you what you deserve."

"Try and chase me, short stack."

Vera shook her head in amusement and disbelief. "Children."

"Honestly don't know why I'm dating that guy," Lexie joked.

Vera and I chuckled. A ping coming from my phone then grabbed my attention from the conversation. It was my girlfriend.

Amayah: Hey baby, I'll be home late. I have a 5 pm schedule for class.

I frowned sadly at her message, but I understood. She is a professor after all, one in the medical health department for that matter. I'm just a tiny bit upset that class started again, which means we'll both be busy soon enough. 

Aiden: That's okay :) Will you be home for dinner though? I'll cook your favorite.

Amayah: Class ends at 7, baby. I don't think I can. I'm sorry.

Aiden: It's okay, don't worry about it. We can eat together when you get home.

Amayah: You don't have to. I might stop by at Tristan's place to see Aaron so eat without me.

I pursed my lips, thinking if I should argue or just drop it. In the end, I decided to drop it, knowing she's one stubborn woman. I'll just do what I planned, she doesn't have to know.

Aiden: Fine :( Have a good day then. I love you.

Amayah: I love you, too, baby.

After sending a few heart emojis, I put my phone down and went back to talking to my friends. Our schedules were released earlier after we enrolled 3 days ago, which means on Monday the following week, class will be starting again. Amayah, on the other hand, already started hers with a different block section.

"I can't believe we're back to studying. That 1 whole month felt like a passing dream," Zoey groaned in dispair.

"Well, that passing dream was your only academic break because second semester doesn't have that," Vera said, totally crashing our hearts into pieces.

"Fuck that, I'll create my own break. It's called mental health week," Lexie rolled her eyes. "My wellness comes first."

"As a nursing student, you're right," I agreed at Lexie's statement.