|39| IKA-TATLUMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA

— AIDEN —

Aiden: Good morning :) Have you had breakfast already?

Amayah: Good morning, Aide. And no, I haven't. Why?

Aiden: I just wanted to ask, but since you haven't, do you want me to bring over some?

I questioned as I'm already at the coffee shop for my shift, might as well bring over some food for them. Sitting down, I waited for a reply that didn't take long to arrive.

Amayah: Is it okay?

Aiden: Of course, I would be happy to.

Amayah: Okay, then yes, please :)

Aiden: The usual?

Amayah: The usual.

Ordering Amayah and Aaron's usual, I also requested the delivery guy, John, who I also became somewhat friends with, to buy a bouquet of tulips and hand it along with the breakfast. I didn't get to message Amayah again when my break ended.

Working at the coffee shop is another step for me into getting out of my comfort zone, having to work with other people and interact with customers, adult customers most of the time. It's far different from babysitting kids who are easier to handle and less judgemental.

Luckily for me, I haven't encountered a single customer who eats violence for breakfast, although I've met a few grumpy and snobbish ones, but it's probably because they haven't had their caffeine.

"Aiden?" I turned to Tim, a college student who also works as a part-time waiter. "People at table 5 are asking for you."

Frowning, I went to the said table, and of course, it's my friends, who else could it be? Julius waved excitedly while the three remained smiling, signaling me to come over.

"Why are you guys here? I'm working."

Vera shrugged. "Supporting you?"

"More like distracting me," I huffed. "You know how noisy this one gets." I pointed at Julius who gasped, feigning hurt.

"We wanted some coffee and thought why not go to where you work." Lexie explained for them. "We won't take long."

"Take our orders, bitch." Julius said playfully, earning a smack from Lexie. "Please." He added with a wince, rubbing his arm.

After taking their orders, I was about to leave when Julius stopped me. He had his puppy eyes, giving me a sweet smile. "Can I borrow your phone? I forgot mine and I'm bored."

"Borrow Lexie's." I groaned when he pulled me back again when I tried to leave.

Julius gave me a pleading look, way sadder now. "They don't have games on their phone."

Huffing, I took out my phone from my pocket and handed it to him. "Just for 10 minutes."

"Whaaat? That's not enough for a whole game. 30 minutes." He tried to bargain.

"15 minutes."

"20."

"10."

Julius rolled his eyes. "Fine, 15." I smiled in triumph before leaving them.

Whipping up their orders, it took me less than 10 minutes before I arrived with their orders. A frown settled on my forehead upon noticing Julius' weird behavior, although it doesn't seem like the others noticed, continuing with their conversation like he doesn't exist.

I tapped his shoulder. "What's wrong with you?"

His face paled. "I didn't mean to read it."

My brows furrowed in confusion. "Read what?"