|33| IKA-TATLUMPU'T TATLONG KABANATA

— AMAYAH —

Brown expectant eyes, a shy smile and reddening cheeks greeted me as soon as I opened the gate, a small wave and quiet 'hi' when her eyes met mine. I couldn't help the smile from forming on my lips at how endearing she is.

A bouquet of pink tulips was handed to me, before a hand offered itself as I stepped out the place. Aiden opened the door on the passenger side, closing it for me when I was seated. A smile made its way to my lips when I saw her strong grip on the steering wheel. She's nervous.

"Y-You look beautiful." It was said in a small voice that I barely heard it.

"Thank you, so do you." A chuckle escaped me when she blushed a pink hue. "Where are we going?" I asked to try and ease her nerves, working when I noticed her grip loosening.

"I rented a cabin near a lake, it's an hour drive from here."

I hummed. "Where'd you get the car?" I scanned the inside, it didn't look like it's hers. The ambiance and design.

"Zoey's," she answered. "She knows that I like someone, she just doesn't know who. I told her it's for a date."

"Your blonde friend, right?" I was given a nod. "Tell me about your friends."

I always see Aiden with the same three people, sometimes along with the red-headed girl she kissed.

"Well, you know Julius, he's the only guy friend I have." I nodded. He's in my class, smart but very loud. "Then there's Lexie, she's the brunette and dating Juls. I like her a lot, she's very sweet and caring. And Zoey, you could say she's the girl version of Julius, although less annoying and more thoughtful."

I chuckled. "You find them annoying?"

The taller woman smiled sheepishly. "Sometimes. It's fine though, they know they're annoying. They do it on purpose most of the time. And ah... that's about it, I didn't have friends during my highschool or back at home."

My brow raised in curiosity. "How about the red-head? Is she not your friend?"

Aiden pursed her lips. "Oh yeah, I just didn't know if you'd want me to say anything about her."

"Well, I do."

"We don't hangout often because she's a junior, our schedules don't match. Hmm, she's nice and very understanding. One of the kindest people I've ever met."

"I see." She did seem like a nice girl.

Aiden cleared her throat. "What about your friends? Can you tell me about them?"

"You know Tristan, despite our situation, he's still my bestfriend. He's been my rock for years, someone who understands me. Then there's Sydney, we haven't been seeing each other due to some personal issues, but she's been my friend since middle school."

Aiden's interest about my friends extended our conversation until we arrived at the place. She opened the door for me, before taking what it looks like to be a picnic bag from the backseat. A simple one-story cabin greeted me, facing the view of the pristine lake, surrounded by tall trees and a variety of wild flowers, all different in color.

A wooden table and long chair under a pergola roof next to the cabin, a stone fireplace to its side. Aiden guided me towards the shed, placing the basket down.

"Do... Do you like it?"

I nodded, in awe of the breathtaking scenery. "It's lovely. Thank you for bringing me here."

"Do you want to eat first? I cooked this time." The proudness in her tone made me smile. When I nodded, Aiden laid everything out for me. Every food familiar to my eyes and suited to my taste.