|37| IKA-TATLUMPU'T PITONG KABANATA

— AMAYAH —

"He's a great kid, isn't he?"

I turned to look at the brunette whose eyes kept their focus on my son a bit far away from where we are, playing with both his dad and Aiden. It did surprise me how much Tris and Aiden have been interacting with each other the past few hours, although not so much as I know how Tristan is. He can make anyone comfortable with his friendliness and warm presence. And with Aiden, it's not much of a surprise that she would willingly spend time with my ex and seemingly enjoy it. She's just so pure and kind-hearted.

"He is," I agreed with Bianca, knowing how great my son is, whether it is related to how we raised him or simply how he is despite his young age. "Aaron takes a lot after his father."

"Tristan says otherwise, he said Aaron takes after you" she chuckled. I hummed, not knowing what to reply or at least say to the woman beside me. "Ahm... I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now."

I glanced at her, signaling her to go on.

"First of all, I want to apologize, you know, for ruining your marriage-"

I cut her off. "It was already ruined before you even came. An apology is not needed, if anything, I want to thank you for making my bestfriend happy again." I smiled sincerely. It's something I've always wanted to say to her. "Thank you for loving him the way he deserves to be loved."

"You did, too."

"It wasn't enough to keep our relationship," I looked ahead, my eyes darting to the young woman who kept my mind occupied. "So, please promise me that you would love him to the very end. Tristan is one of a kind, and being loved by him is a privileged I would never forget."

"What about you?"

I looked away from staring at the smiling raven-haired girl, my brows raising in confusion. "What about me?"

"Who's loving you now?" Bianca asked, but the way she's looking at me tells me that she already has an idea who. "I saw the hand holding, but even without seeing it, the way you two look at each other tells me enough." She admitted, blue eyes glancing at Aiden.

Her admission of witnessing our little interaction earlier surprisingly didn't make me nervous nor worry. Something about her and the way she's speaking makes me want to trust her.

I nodded. "Do you think it's strange?"

"What do you mean strange?"

"For me to fall-have feelings for someone 15 years my junior," and my student for that matter.

The age difference doesn't bother me that much anymore, although some worries still linger.

"Age has nothing to do with who your heart chooses to love," Bianca stated, eyes reassuring my worries. "I've talked to her, saw how she acts, specially around Aaron. Aiden seems like a mature and responsible young woman."

"She is," I let out a sigh. "She's proven that age has nothing to do with maturity."

"Then what's stopping you?" Bianca asked, earning a raised brow from me. "You didn't have to tell me, it's obvious you're still somewhat hesitant with this."

Am I that obvious?

"A lot of things."

My career, reputation, my son's opinion, other's opinion, the possibility of ruining Aiden's future and my fear of being left heartbroken once again.

"Do you like her?" I turned to look at the brunette, biting my lip in thought before nodding.

Of course I like her, how could I not?