|36| IKA-TATLUMPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Where are you going exactly?" Julius asked, being nosy once again.

I ignored the guy, continuing with packing my stuff for the 2 days vacation with Amayah and her family, along with the new addition that will be introduced. Sighing, I contemplated whether or not should I try to decline the invitation again. Although she clarified that she wanted me there with them, I still feel like I would be intruding.

"You're going to cancel our gym sched and you won't even tell me why?" 

"I told you already," I huffed. "I'm going on a vacation."

"That's it? I need the details, come onnn."

"So, uh... why is he here?" I asked once we were alone. Sir Tristan left a few minutes ago, leaving me and Amayah. I found it as an opportunity to talk.

"Why do you ask?"

I frowned at getting thrown back with a question. Pouting, I answered. "Just curious."

She chuckled, eyes shining. "Tris wants our son to meet Bianca, 2 days vacation on a beach."

The anxiety I've been feeling subsided by the indirect reassurance, finally getting relieved. I smiled in understanding, tapping my foot on the floor.

I'm being paranoid for no reason.

"I see, and it's okay with you?" I asked as she may feel pressured to let them meet, but actually doesn't want to yet.

Amayah nodded, answering my question. "Send me pictures of you and Aaron then?" I settled with asking for both, as it may seem creepy to ask just for her photo. Although I would love one saved in my gallery. Something I can look at whenever I don't feel particularly good about myself.

The older woman bit her lip in thought, looking at me with an expression I couldn't quite decipher. "Actually, about that... Would you like to come with us?"

My eyes widened in bafflement at the absurd offer.

Me? She wants me to come with them? On a 2-day vacation with her soon-to-be ex husband along with the new girlfriend? Me? The person currently courting her? Her student slash suitor?

I shook my head. "I can't, Amayah. I'm sorry."

The beauty frowned. "Why not?"

"I... wouldn't it be awkward with me there?"

"Oh nonsense. It'll be fun, just say you're babysitting Aaron or something, I'm sure he would love it. I would love it if you come."

"You would?"

Smiling, she nodded. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to come with them right? It's only for two days and I get to spend it with Amayah and Aaron. Besides, if Amayah doesn't see any problem with it, why should I?

"O-Okay, I'll come if it'll make you happy."

"It will." Amayah tiptoed up to reach my face, planting a soft kiss on my cheek before leaving the kitchen with a grin.

"You don't need to know." I huffed.

Julius rolled his eyes. "Alright, fine. But didn't you just got accepted at the coffee shop 4 days ago? It hasn't been even a week and you're already taking a day off."

"The owner is nice actually, she let me take the Saturday off."

He eyed me suspiciously. "You know, it's too big of a coincidence that Professor Peterson also took a leave of absence."