|41| IKA-APATNAPU'T ISANG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Aide, wake up, darling."

My eyes fluttered open, hearing a familiar sweet and soothing voice. I winced when I felt my aching back, probably from the position I felt asleep in. Sitting up properly on the couch, I watched as Amayah placed a tray of food in front of me.

"Good morning," The beauty greeted with a smile. "I made breakfast."

Am I dreaming? Why is there an angel in front of me?

My brows furrowed when the beauty chuckled. "You're not dreaming."

I blushed upon realizing I said that out loud, making Amayah laugh even more due to my flustered state. I was about to say something when I remembered why I was here in her room in the first place.

"Are you feeling better now?" I reached to touch her forehead, relieved when her temperature felt normal now.

"I am. Thank you for taking care of me and staying overnight."

I chose to stay overnight in case anything happens. Although fevers are usually not that bad, there is a possibility that it will worsen and I wanted to be here for Amayah. I may have fallen asleep on her couch around 3 am. It was fairly small compared to my height, hence why my back probably aches. Amayah did offer to let me stay in the guest room, I just refused. Wanting to be close to her.

"I'm just glad you're not sick anymore."

"All thanks to you." Heat rose to my face when Amayah leaned in to place a chaste kiss on my lips. I wasn't fast enough to dodge it.

I immediately stood up, covering my mouth. "Do you have an extra toothbrush I can use?"

"In the bathroom." Muttering a small 'thanks', I sprinted to her bathroom and closed the door. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I went back out to see Amayah waiting still.

"Breakfast?" She offered with a smile.

"Thank you." I sat down next to her. "Where's Aaron?"

"Still asleep."

"Are we sharing?" I asked, pertaining to the food.

Amayah shook her head. "I ate mine earlier, that's for you."

I frowned slightly. "You should've woken me up so I could cook. You're not suppose to be moving around already."

The shorter woman rolled her eyes playfully. "It was just a fever. I'm okay now, promise."

I pursed my lips. "Still, you got sick from working too much. You should just be resting instead."

"You're cute when you're concerned." Amayah pinched my cheek. "Stop fretting, I wanted to do it for you"

Pouting in defeat, I nodded. "Okay, sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, darling. I love that you're concerned about my well-being." I couldn't help but smile when Amayah leaned in again to plant a kiss on my lips. "It's sweet. You're sweet."

"You love kissing, don't you?" I asked dazedly, eyes glancing down to her inviting lips.

The beauty bit her bottom lip, nodding to my question. "I do, I'm quite touchy and affectionate. Will that be a problem?"

Amayah constantly kissing and touching me? If heaven is real, I think that's what it would be like. I shook my head. "I don't think so. I love it actually." I admitted with reddening cheeks. I do love it, feeling her lips and skin against mine.