|43| IKA-APATNAPU'T TATLONG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

Amayah: When are you getting home?

Amayah: You were supposed to be home yesterday, right?

Amayah: Is everything okay, Darling?

Amayah: I don't appreciate being ignored, Aiden.

I'm dead meat.

I may have extended my vacation at my hometown for a day, although I'm already back, I haven't told Amayah. We didn't communicate much during my stay as I wanted to focus on spending time with my parents, and she wanted me to do the same.

Now, I'm on my way to her place with sweating hands and a rapid beating heart. The fact that Aaron's with his dad added to my nervousness. I prayed to whoever could hear that she's not that mad.

I guess my prayer wasn't heard.

A raised brow and obviously mad beauty welcomed me as soon as I entered the house. Her lips in thin line and eyes blazing. Cowering, I sat down as she pointed the couch without even saying anything. I swallowed down the lump in my throat as I bounced my leg nervously.

"We really just started dating and now you're avoiding me?"

"I-I wasn't avoiding you."

Amayah's brow raised higher, arms crossing under her chest. "You got home yesterday without telling me. I texted you the whole day and you didn't reply. I called and you didn't answer. I'm pretty sure that's avoidance."

"I... I–" I pouted, not finding any excuse or the right words to say because she is right.

"Do you not want to see me?"

My eyes widened at her question, shaking my head quickly. "Of course not! I want to see you, always, Amayah." 

"Then what is it about?" She asked. "Is it because I told you I wanted to talk about what happened at the bar?"

Contemplating, I realized it's no use to make more excuses or even lie. "Yes. Sorry."

"Was it because we made out? Did I make you feel uncomfortable in any way?"

"No, it's not that. Just..." I bit my lip, looking down at my lap. "I did feel uncomfortable, that's one of the two reasons." I decided to be honest.

"What's the other one?"

"I took advantage of your drunken state," I mumbled, guilt settling in my stomach, it never left the whole week. "You were drunk and I let the kiss last that long. I shouldn't have done that and I feel guilty. I couldn't face you properly because I was ashamed of my action. I'm really sorry, Amayah."

The older woman's face softened before she sat down beside me, taking my hand in hers. "You didn't take advantage of me, Darling. I knew what I was doing, despite being intoxicated. I was not drunk to that point, okay? I remember what happened and I don't regret a single thing about it, but I do now seeing your reaction."

"Still, I don't like doing that. I don't want to kiss anymore when you're drunk." I couldn't help but whine out the words, tears building up in my eyes. "I felt so guilty and ashamed, and I feel like a bad person."

"Aw, baby. You're not a bad person," Amayah cupped my face, making me look at her dark brown eyes. "We won't do that again, so don't cry."

"I'm not going to cry."

"Yes, you're not." She pulled my head down for a quick kiss. "But stop feeling guilty, okay? I wanted it." I nodded even though I still feel guilty. "Now, elaborate on the other reason why you're uncomfortable."