|25| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Why is our professor glaring at you?"

Julius whispered as he scooted over, glancing at Professor Peterson who keeps on glaring at me every chance she gets. I shrugged at him and eyed the beauty. I couldn't help but smile that unsurprisingly received an eye roll from the woman.

It's been 2 days since I've confessed my feelings for her and I ignored everything calls and texts from her asking me to come over. Fortunately, that's all her messages are about. Asking–no, demanding me to come over and have a conversation. I never answered.

My reason?

Honestly, I don't know.

Or I'm still in denial.

It's not necessarily the fear of being rejected because I already knew from the start that I have no chance. I wasn't afraid of that anymore, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt once she finally tells me. My point is, I've already prepared myself for the heartbreak.

If I'm going to be completely honest and without the denial, the rejection isn't what I'm running away from, it's more of Professor Peterson telling me to leave her alone and stop spending time with her and Aaron.

I've been too attached to the point that it would hurt immensely when she pushes me away because of the feelings I have for her that she didn't ask for. Family and friends are something that I have and will always treasure due to what happened with my father and my mama. Losing one isn't something I could get over with easily, especially when I'm already in too deep.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do once Professor Peterson and I talk.

My bravery 2 days ago?

Poof, gone.

I'm back to being a coward.

"Miss Guevarra, please stay back." I bit my bottom lip, already expecting it. This is why I was so afraid to come to class, I knew she would take advantage and do this. I've managed to hide from her for those days due to the fact that it's the weekends.

Welp, I'm dead.

Hesitantly and as slow as possible, I made my way to her when everyone left the room. Julius squinting at me before he departed. He's getting too suspicious and curious.

Professor Peterson had her arms crossed under her chest, eyebrow raised and lips in thin line. Her naturally curly hair pulled into a bun as she stared up at me with her legs also crossed. And for some reason, my brain decided to not function properly and admire the way she looks right now. Far different from the usual smile she gives.

Fuck, she's so beautiful even when she's angry.

"You look gorgeous, Miss." I blurted out, not wanting to miss the chance of telling her how enticing she looks right now.

"Flattery won't get you anywhere, Aiden." She stood up and moved close to me. "And it certainly won't get you out of this."

I gulped.

Is it wrong to think that she looks absolutely hot right now?

Yes, Aiden. Very wrong and very inappropriate.

I shouldn't be thinking that way about her. That's a big no.

"So, uh, what is this about?" I tried to feign innocence.

Wrong move.

Professor Peterson squinted her eyes at me, seemingly angrier now. I smiled nervously, taking two steps back away from the raging woman. I yelped quietly when she pulled the collar of my shirt to bring me back to my previous position.