|44| IKA-APATNAPU'T APAT NA KABANATA

— AMAYAH —

"I'm definitely being cheated on."

I crossed my arms under my chest, eyeing my son and Aiden with suspicion. The latter shrugging innocently while Aaron copied my move, crossing his arms as well. I smiled in amusement.

"You're just bad, mom." Aaron said, his tone laced with disappointment, pertaining to the card game we're currently playing.

I feigned offense, gasping. "Excuse me?"

"Come on, tell her, Aide."

The taller woman shrugged her shoulders at me. "He's right."

"Really?" I eyed Aiden, giving her a look I knew she would understand.

Her brown eyes widened, chuckling awkwardly. "Huh, now I remember, I think I cheated at the first round. Definitely should've lost that one."

Aaron's jaw dropped in surprise, staring at my girlfriend in disbelief. "What? You're like a god in this game, what do you mean? Are you seriously scared of mom?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, bud. I cheated."

I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing at Aaron's reaction. Aiden also grinning as she pretended, increasing my baby's annoyance.

"Unbelievable." My son groaned in defeat, squinting his eyes at me. "What did you do to her? She's acting like a complete simp."

My eyebrow raised in curiosity. "And what's a simp?"

"That," he pointed back to Aiden. "Is a simp."

"And where did you learn that word from?" I crossed my arms, still not getting what this 'simp' word means. He technically didn't explain it.

"My friend from school." Aaron answered.

We both looked up as Aiden cleared her throat, smiling awkwardly. "I think you got it wrong, bud. Simp means someone who would do basically anything for the person they like."

My eyes widened at the definition before I turned to look at my son. Does he know? Is this what Tristan meant when he said Aaron's too smart to not notice?

"Why? Do you not like my mom?"

"I.... O-Of course, I do. But a simp is like–how do I–" Aiden pursed her lips. "That word is correlated to romantic feelings, not just any like."

I could feel my heart beating rapidly and loudly against my chest as I anticipated for Aaron's reaction. Unconsciously holding my breath, I waited for what he's about to say at Aiden's explanation. Silently hoping he still doesn't know as I'm not yet ready to tell him about my relationship with the taller woman.

It would be too much for him. His dad and I just got divorced weeks ago and he just got introduced to Tristan's girlfriend. Entering my relationship in the picture so suddenly would shock him.

"Oh, is that so? I guess Jacob provided me the wrong definition." A breath of relief, that's how I felt as soon as I heard those words.

"Who's hungry?" I asked hurriedly, changing the topic. "I'm cooking anything you want."

Aaron perked up, raising his hand. "Me! Pasta, please."

"What about you, Darling?" I turned to Aiden. "What do you want to eat?"

"I'll eat whatever you'll cook, so anything." 

"Alright. Mind helping me?" The taller girl shook her head and followed. "What should I make for your friend? He's still coming over for dinner, right?" I asked once we're out of earshot.