|35| IKA-TATLUMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Mom, can we order pizza for dinner?"

Amayah scowled. "Pizza isn't dinner, baby. Pick something else."

Frowning, Aaron turned to me. "Pizza could be dinner, right Aide? We ate it for lunch before."

The older woman also looked at me, eyebrow raised and hands placed on her hips, waiting for my answer. I gulped, eyes alternating between the two of them. My mouth opened to answer, opting to be neutral, but the way Amayah's brow raised even higher made me stop.

'You better agree with me' is the only way I can describe the look I'm receiving from her.

I recoiled. "Pizza isn't a healthy dinner, bud."

A triumph smirk formed on red-painted lips. "Told you, baby."

The boy pouted and frowned. I watched as they stared down at each other before Aaron suddenly smiled as if he thought of something. "How about homemade pizza? That's healthier than store bought."

I knew Amayah was going to try to refuse again, Aaron knew as well, so without hesitation, the boy pouted his lips and gave his mom puppy eyes, followed with a cute 'please'. I couldn't help but smile at the way Amayah softened, smiling in defeat.

"Fine." She playfully rolled her eyes. "But I'm making pasta as well."

"Yes! Thank you, mom! Love you."

"Love you, too, baby." Amayah then pointed at me. "Come help me."

I scrambled up, immediately following the dark haired woman like a puppy. Amayah ordered me to get the ingredients out and while I do so, she started preparing. I turned when I heard groaning, laughter wanting to escape upon seeing Amayah trying to reach the pot from the cupboard way above her.

I tried to cover up my laugh with a cough when she glared at me. "S-Sorry."

When she moved to get a chair, I quickly went over and took the pot for her, setting it down gently to the counter. Amayah raised a brow, eyes looking up at me and slightly glaring. The smile on my lips widened, and without thinking, I leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead. Letting my lips linger for a few seconds. Dark brown eyes widened at the short contact.

"Was that okay?" I asked in a whisper.

Amaya's mouth moved as if to say something, but a nod was her reply instead.

I decided to be brave again. "Can I do that again? When I feel like kissing your lips."

"Y-Yes..."

I grinned, happy for the permission.

"What do I do now?" I asked eagerly, having no idea how to make a homemade pizza at all.

"Do the pasta, I'll make the pizza." Nodding, I did what I was told.

I kept taking a few glances at the dark haired woman once in a while, giving a smile whenever she would catch me looking. It made me feel giddy when she acted a bit flustered as it means I might have some effect on her, right?

When I finished doing the pasta, which doesn't take long compared to making a pizza, I settled on sitting on the chair as Amayah continued to work her way around the kitchen effortlessly. Leaning my elbow against the table, I place my chin on my palm, watching the older woman prepare the toppings.

Her curly haired currently tied up, accentuating her face even more. I let out a sigh, appreciating the beautiful view. Now that I think about it, I'm so damn lucky to have someone like Amayah have feelings for me. Me, a student with barely an income, lives at the campus dorm and still accepts an allowance from her parents.