Pretty Lady

Narrator's POV

'
'
'

It was currently 6:30PM on the following Friday night and Payton was gathering the kids into the living area.

She laid a great big sheet over the coffee table so any spillages from the Chinese food that was just brought home or the apple juice, wouldn't damage the glass.

Chase stood upstairs in his bedroom, 2 t-shirts and 1 button-up laid out neatly across his bed

He was currently dressed in white sneakers and black jeans that hung just below the waistband of his underwear.

As Payton finished making three plates, she decided to check if Chase would like some saved for later.

Making sure the kids were comfortable in front of the tv with their food, she saw the were content enough to leave for a few seconds.

She ran upstairs and knocked on Chase's bedroom door, entering a few seconds later.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were still changing." She quickly closed the door but Chase excused her.

"I never thought I'd have this problem but I can't decide which shirt to wear."

The stress in his voice over something so small made Payton chuckle and catiously re-enter.

"Help, please." Chase asked as he crossed his arms over his chest, making his muscles flex.

He's your boss, remember? Don't stare!

A little voice shouted in Payton's head and she quickly diverted her gaze to the bed.

Chase hid his smirk fairly well, knowing she was staring.

Payton looked at his jeans, and looked to the shirt options.

"Black goes with everything, so whatever you choose will match, although you have white sneakers so maybe the lighter option would be better."

She stated and held up the plain white t-shirt. She paused for a few moments and picked up the grey casual-suit jacket and paired them together, handing them to Chase,

"Wear this." (Outfit Below).

Chase looked pleased with her choice and automatically felt relief

Is this what girls feel like on a night out?

"You're a lifesaver. Thank you!" Payton chuckled and handed him the clothes before heading back downstairs to the kids, not wanting to leave them on their own for too long.

Chase quickly changed, brushed his teeth and sprayed his colonge before following after Payton.

The time had reached 7:05 by the time Chase was ready and they both were greeted to the kids sprawled out on the sofa like starfishes and watching the latest episode of PJ Masks, Snookie laying snuggly in between them.