Chapter 24: Two-in-One (With More)

"I miss my dad," Ji Leyu said lightly.

As he spoke, he reached for Lin Fei's hand. 

Lin Fei actually did not like having intimate contact with others. He could not help but subconsciously struggle away but Ji Leyu had the purpose of dragging him away from there first. As such, he did not let go of Lin Fei's hand. He only peered up at him with a pitiful and aggrieved expression.

When Lin Fei was gazed at with the expression, lin Fei thought of Ji Leyu's backstory with the loss of both his parents just recently and his heart softened. He also did not struggle and fight against Ji Leyu anymore and allowed himself to be led away.

Ji Leyu pulled him back silently as thought he was afraid of the  two of them disturbing Lin Luoqing and Ji Yuxiao from just falling asleep.

He waited until they had walked a few more steps and placed more distance between them and Ji Yuxiao's room before opening his mouth and saying, "I miss my dad and can't sleep by myself. I wanted dad to sleep with me but when I got there, I was too embarrassed to go in. As such, I didn't go in and just stood outside."

He looked towards Lin Fei and his tone was soft. His beautiful face revealed a well-behaved and pitiful expression, "Ge Ge, don't tell my dad and Uncle Ji, alright? I don't want them to worry."

Lin Fei hears him and did not doubt him at all. He simply nodded his head. 

He himself couldn't sleep either and had wanted to drink some water. It just so happened that there was no water in his room. He had seen Ji Leyu from far away as he was heading towards the staircase and was passing by Ji Yuxiao's room. Ji Leyu had been sticking to the wall and was silent like a cat. 

Ji Leyu sees him nod his head and let out a sigh of relief. He then said sweetly, "Ge Ge, you're so good."

Lin Fei did not say anything. 

Ji Leyu had grown accustomed to Lin Fei's silence and did not mind. He continue to pull him back towards the direction of their rooms. 

However, Lin Fei suddenly realized something and came to a stop.

Ji Leyu did not understand and his relieved heart grew tense again. He said quietly, 'What's wrong?"

Lin Fei looked at his bare feet and his tone was as calm as ever, "You didn't wear shoes."

Ji Leyu hurriedly peered down and his heart started to panic. 

"I was in a hurry," he explained. "I had a dream. It was really scary and thought of my dad. I didn't want to sleep by myself."

He curled his toes up slightly and his white jade feet shrank inwards. His long lashed draped down and he seemed upset. 

Lin Fei did not expect him to display such an expression because of this matter. He was a little confused. Lin Fei himself has always been alone and independent. Even at school, he did not have any close friends. It was his first time experiencing this and he was troubled on how to proceed.

He felt he should comfort Ji Leyu at this time, but how?

Lin Fei thought for a while and mimicked how Lin Luoqing acted when he was attempting to comfort Lin Fei. He reached out his hand and patted Ji Leyu's head. He said, "So well-behaved."

Ji Leyu:....

At this time, shouldn't you be saying, "I'm sorry," or, "Everything's okay"? What's with "So well-behaved"? 

Ji Leyu felt this older cheap brother really didn't know how to comfort others.

But whatever. If its well-behaved, then just let it be well-behaved. As long as Lin Fei did not doubt his words.