Chapter 171: President Ji and Fei Fei's Beautiful Cooperation

Lin Luoqing took Lin Fei and Ji Leyu back to his room. He was in an exceptional mood and wasn't in any hurry to sleep. Hence, he hugged onto Lin Fei and Ji Leyu and chatted,

However, he soon realized that while he was able to stay up late, Lin Fei and Ji Leyu were still young. It wasn't good for their growth and health to stay up so late. In addition, Lin Fei had already stayed up late for several nights now to make that card for him. He needed to sleep.

Hence, he pulled up the blanket and stuffed the two children underneath. "Sleep, sleep, sleep. It's time to sleep."

Lin Fei didn't have any objections. Ji Leyu was also tired and sleepy. Ji Yuxiao watched the three of them with his gaze filled with indulgence and tenderness.

The family of four lied down and happily fell asleep.

At seven in the morning, Ji Yuxiao woke up.

These few days with Lin Luoqing home, he didn't even dare to head up to the rehab room. Today was Lin Luoqing's birthday. He wanted to be able to stand up today. Hence, he took advantage of the time when Lin Luoqing was still asleep to head up to the rehab room-- He was finally able to stand up after great difficulty. Ji Yuxiao was worried that with him unable to do any rehab the past two days, when the time comes, he'd lose his footing and fall on Lin Luoqing. 

Before the accident, he never thought being able to stand, walk, and run was something that was so invaluable to him.

After losing those abilities, as he gradually began to recover them once again, Ji Yuxiao cherished it.

He cautiously got out of bed.

Thanks to Lin Fei and Ji Leyu, their old dad Lin Luoqing, who had been excited and touched had insisted on sleeping on their side and beside Lin Fei. Ji Yuxiao had happily agreed when considering his plans for this morning.

Ji Yuxiao had originally thought that with the two children between them, he wouldn't be able to sleep, but he didn't expect himself to still unexpectedly, and gradually fall asleep. Ji Yuxiao felt his insomnia was also taking a turn for the better. Although without Lin Luoqing, he still found himself unable to fall asleep and requiring medications to curb his insomnia, but with Lin Luoqing's presence, even if he wasn't by his side, Ji Yuxiao found himself able to fall asleep peacefully.

It was very strange, but also incredibly reassuring.

Perhaps when he fully recovered and exacted vengeance for his brother and sister-in-law, he'd be able to sleep like a normal person again.

He seated himself in the wheelchair and quietly wheeled himself to the bathroom to wash up. But when he headed out, before he even reached the bed, he saw Lin Fei looking at him with his eyes open.

Their gazes met and Lin Fei said in a quiet voice, "Good morning."

Ji Yuxiao was stunned and thought to himself this child sure wakes up early.

"Good morning. Fei Fei, are you hungry? Do you want to eat breakfast? I'll go with you."

Lin Fei shook his head. He wasn't very hungry. That, and Lin Luoqing still had his arms wrapped around him. If he got up, then Lin Luoqing would undoubtedly also wake up. 

When Ji Yuxiao saw that, he didn't force him either. He only said, "Then I'll head down first for breakfast."

This time, it was Lin Fei who was surprised. In his impression, as long as Lin Luoqing was there, Ji Yuxiao had always eaten with him, including for breakfast. Why didn't he wait for Lin Luoqing today? 

It was even Lin Luoqing's birthday today.

He was prepared to remind Ji Yuxiao that today was a special day when he heard Ji Yuxiao say quietly to him, "I have to go prepare you dad a big surprise, so I need to get up first and get busy. Don't tell him. When he wakes up, just tell him that I had some work to do. Okay?"