Chapter 45: "Not Allowed To Coax Others!" & Kiss

Lin Fei had made a trip downstairs to grab some fruits. He did not expect that with that trip he would once again catch Ji Leyu in the middle of his crime red-handed again.

He stared at the boy standing taped against the wall not far away. His ears were straining to hear any conversations inside. Lin Fei thought to himself that if he once again believed that Ji Leyu was here because he wanted to find his dad as he could not sleep, then Lin Fei was mentally incapacitated.

Very good. Not in addition to hypocritic, cunning, inconsistent, and vicious, Ji Leyu can add another description to himself: an eavesdropper.

He watched as Ji Leyu reluctantly headed over, his face saturated with unwillingness, "If I said I'm here to find dad because I can't sleep, would you believe me?"

Ji Leyu stared at him with his pretty and innocent eyes.

Lin Fei inquired back, "What do you think?"

"Believe," Ji Leyu persuades.

Lin Fei sighed and pulled on Ji Leyu's shoulder. He turned around and steered Ji Leyu back to his room. 

At this time, Ji Leyu had also given up on struggling and headed back to Lin Fei's room with him.

"Sit."

Lin Fei pressed him down on a chair and he himself headed to the bathroom to grab a basin of water. Lin Fei placed it in front of Ji Leyu.

He remembered that Ji Leyu did not like it too hot and had purposefully added some cold water in as well. 

Ji Leyu was already familiar with the process and obediently washed his foot. He showed his white, tender feet to Lin Fei for him to check and after, slipped them into the slippers Lin Fei had given him.

The slippers that Ji Yuxiao had prepared for Lin Fei, Lin Fei himself had not yet worn them once, but they had already been worn by Ji Leyu twice now.

"Pour out the water," Lin Fei said.

Ji Leyu picked up the basin and obediently poured out the water. He then cleaned and rinsed the basin. After he closed the bathroom door and proactively headed to Lin Fei's side by the bed.

He unceremoniously lifted the covers and sat in. He wrapped the covers around himself and said to Lin Fei, "You won't tell my dad and your Uncle, right?"

Lin Fei listened to his affirmative tone and gave him a look. "You are not allowed to eavesdrop again in the future."

Ji Leyu:...

"This doesn't have anything to do with water or fire. I'm also not touching any knives or weapons."

"But it does have to do with my Uncle," Lin Fei gave him a good reason and inquired, "Why are you listening in on their conversations?"

"I want to protect my dad," Ji Leyu said calmly, "I'm not trying to eavesdrop on what your Uncle is saying. I just want to know matters concerning my dad. Adults keep so many secrets. If I don't listen in on them, how would I know about them?"

"Oh, you also know that they are supposed to be secrets?" Lin Fei felt helpless.

"But I want to protect my dad," Ji Leyu retorted, "If I don't know anything, only my dad can protect me and I have no way to protect him."

"So you would listen in on anything and anyone your dad speaks with?"

Ji Leyu nodded shamelessly, "En."

Lin Fei:...

Lin Fei felt this child must not have attended school the way he was supposed to? Otherwise, why else would he not only push others in to the water but also eavesdrop on others?