Chapter 104: "If I Don't Want To Sleep, What Should I Do?"

Ji Leyu enthusiastically accepted it and directly opened the box. He took out the crystal ball.

It was crystal clear as the white snowflakes fall on the roof of the cabin and the little kitten. Ji Leyu turned the crystal ball and saw the cabin lights turn on. The kitten started jumping around in the snow as the snowflakes flew around. Despite everything, the cabin still looked warm and homely.

Just like his home.

As Ji Leyu looked at it, his heart filled with joy.

He said, "Where's your Uncle?"

"Called away by your Father."

"My Father also came?"

Lin Fei nodded his head without the slightest hitch in his expression, "Perhaps they had something to discuss."

Ji Leyu immediately understood, "It should be secrets. I think my Father definitely secretly bought your Uncle presents. He's giving it to him tonight."

Lin Fei said lightly, "Perhaps."

Ji Leyu looked at the crystal ball in front of him. A spring breeze blew in his heart as flowers bloomed. He said, "I didn't expect him to have presents for us."

"So are you happy now?"

Ji Leyu nodded his head without hesitation. His eyes curved into crescents as he said, "Because I would always receive presents before every year."

Coquettish but also sounded so righteous.

"I still want to be able to receive presents," he said in a low voice.

Once he did, he felt like things was still the same as before. Or can be at least. It was still the home he was so familiar with.

Ji Leyu twirled the crystal ball around happily, and said to Lin Fei, "So pretty."

His eyes were bright. It was clearly just a plain crystal ball but he looked at it as though it was a rare, priceless treasure.

Put frankly, Ji Leyu didn't care at all what he received. Regardless of whether it was expensive or not, as big as him or as small as the crystal ball, Ji Leyu only wanted something. Anything. He only wanted a sense of security and familiarity.

Even if it was just a flower, a coin, or even an inexpensive crystal ball, he was so happy about it. He would love it and be satisfied.

Ji Leyu looked and examined his crystal ball for a long while before finally removing his gaze. He peered over at Lin Fei's box, "What did you get?"

Lin Fei calmly opened his box. Inside was a small tiger that looked cutely dumb.

"So cute," Ji Leyu said softly.

Lin Fei also thought it was pretty cute. He nodded his head and patted the tiger's head.

"This way, you also have a present for Christmas this year," Ji Leyu said.

"En," Lin Fei said.

That's good, Ji Leyu thought. They both have presents this Christmas, him and Lin Fei. It was a happy Christmas.

"Let's sleep," Ji Leyu pulled on Lin Fei.

"Go brush your teeth first," Lin Fei reminded him.

Ji Leyu nodded his head. He pulled Lin Fei into the bathroom with him. They brushed their teeth before heading to bed.

When they turned the lights off, the crystal ball was still bright. It was a dim light in the dark night, warm and was like a tiny night lamp.

Ji Leyu had a dream. In his dream, their family of four lived in a small cabin and sat together eating. The fire by the fireplace forced the beast in his heart to retreat bit by bit.