Chapter 152: Father Ji Being Beaten, The Children's Protective Desire....

Ji Yuxiao was reading a book at home. It was rare and hard for him to be able to finish all of his workload and have some free time to himself. His wife and children still weren't home yet, so he had planned to take out the book he wasn't able to finish last time to read. 

As he was reading, he heard Auntie Zhang report to him, "Sir, your father is here."

Because when Ji Yuxiao was just injured back then, he and Father Ji had a tumultuous argument in the house before. Thereafter, whenever Father Ji wanted to pay a visit, he had to report to Auntie Zhang first, derive Ji Yuxiao's permission before he could enter.

As such, after Auntie Zhang said that, she very naturally inquired, "Should I let him in?"

Ji Yuxiao was stunned. Why would his father show up here at this time?

Ever since he had graduated and moved here, his dad rarely ever came over to pay him a visit. Adding on the argument they had after Ji Yuxiao's accident, it had been more than half a year since the last time he'd pay a visit. What did he want to come over now?

"Let him in," Ji Yuxiao agreed. 

He was curious as to why his father would pay him a visit now. Surely it can't be to reminisce over their father-son relationship?

Ji Yuxiao wheeled himself out of the study and headed into the elevator to descend to the first floor.

Father Ji rushed over angrily. His face had already turned blue from anger after being stopped out at the front gate.

Auntie Zhang watched and felt a bit astonished. She opened the door for him, somewhat frightened and was glared at by Father Ji. However, she didn't dare say anything but her inside, she was filled with satire for the old man. What use did glaring at her serve? If it weren't because he argued so fiercely with Ji Yuxiao last time, he wouldn't have ended up like this today. Otherwise, why else would Ji Yuxiao give her such orders?

Ji Yuxiao was the one who wrote her paychecks. It was only natural for her to abide by his orders. In addition, with the amount Ji Yuxiao gave her, where else was she supposed to find such a generous employer?

Auntie Zhang silently closed the door and trailed after Father Ji to head inside.

Father Ji walked very fast. The moment he headed in, he saw his son coming out from the elvator.

He froze, as though he had just realized Ji Yuxiao had actually installed an elevator in his home.

But then again, with the way he was now, having an elevator did make things more convenient.

As he thought of this, he recalled that the few times Ji Yuxiao did return to the old manor, it was Lin Luoqing who had to carry him up and down the stairs. 

For his son, who had a prideful characteristic to begin with to now be unable to even walk down the stairs by himself, he was undoubtedly upset.

For the first time, Father Ji seemed to have realized that he might have been too neglectful of Ji Yuxiao's feelings.

The incident occurred too suddenly. He was shocked then, and right after, he hurried to deal with the matters concerning Ji Yuling. After handling Ji Yuling's matters, Ji Yuling's will was then revealed. He originally wanted Ji Yuling's shares and stocks, but Ji Yuxiao adamantly refused. Adding on that Father Ji was already very aggravated and frustrated with seeing Ji Yuxiao's self-depreciative attitude as though he had already given up on himself. The two started to argue more and more. In the end, he had even forgotten about these simple matters.

It was rare for Father Ji to feel guilty and in the end, his tone revealed some parts of fatherly concern, "How have you been recently?"

When Ji Yuxiao heard him ask that, he thought Father Ji heard about his potential recovery.