Chapter 30: "So Don't Be Angry Anymore, Be Good...."

Ji Yuxiao did not think of this. He was simply afraid that when the time comes, there would be a lot of people and words that should not be spoken may be said and upset Lin Fei. But after hearing Lin Luoqing's words, he felt that he had a point.

They were a family. It was unreasonable that he, Lin Luoqing and Ji Leyu would go together and leave Lin Fei alone at home. Even if he was taking into consideration Lin Fei's feelings at the scene if situations were to get out of hand, but from Lin Fei's perspective, leaving him at home may bring more harm and another way of hurting him.

"I was negligent," Ji Yuxiao said sincerely, "I only thought of how my family members are all inconsiderate in their words and don't think before they speak. I never thought that he would also be upset if we left him home alone. We'll bring him along then. I'll have a word with my father and have him pay more attention to what he says."

"En," Lin Luoqing nodded his head in agreement.

He peered at his watch. There was still an hour left before Lin Fei was dismissed from school 

Lin Luoqing quietly sat in the bookroom and read a book until the alarm went off. He then stood up and said to Ji Yuxiao, "I'm going to go pick up Fei Fei."

"Go ahead," Ji Yuxiao said with a smile. 

Lin Luoqing looked at him and said gently, "Today will be the last time I'll be heading out only to pick up Lin Luoqing. From tomorrow on, I'll pick up Xiao Yu first, and then Lin Fei."

Ji Yuxiao looked at him with confusion but did not say anything.

Lin Luoqing laughed and his tone carried some sweetness, "We're already married and I can be considered Xiao Yu's father also. So naturally, I cannot only pick up Fei Fei. Otherwise, wouldn't it be unfair towards Xiao Yu?"

Ji Yuxiao did not expect for Lin Luoqing to assume to role of Xiao Yu's father so readily and laughed, "There's no need for it to be so fair. Fei Fei is your nephew. It's natural for you to love him more."

"I do naturally like him more in my heart, but my actions cannot be biased towards him. Otherwise, the two of us would be separate entities within this family. I'll be responsible for Fei Fei and you take care of Xiao Yu. There would be no meaning to our family. Since there are two grown-ups in this family, then the children should feel the love and care from both parents. This way, they can be like other children and experience the same amount but different type of love from both parents."

"If we were a male and women, then we would be like a mother and a father. We'd be like a regular family of four. Xiao Yu and Fei Fei would both be able to feel the love from a mother once again. But we are not a male and female, so we can only give them two shares of love from their fathers. This should not be because I'm not their blood-related family or because I have my nephew and you have Xiao Yu and change. Otherwise, from the children's perspective, it's simply too irresponsible."

"Since we're married, he'd also call me dad. Since I've assumed that role, then I should naturally be responsible for him."

Before, Ji Yuxiao had fiercely worried Lin Luoqing would treat Ji Leyu unkindly.

For the current him, Ji Leyu was his most precious existence. He needed to take good care of him and allow him to grow up peacefully and happily. As such, he did not care about anything else regarding Lin Luoqing, other than if Lin Luoqing would treat Ji Leyu with care and kindness.

This was also one of the few requirements he had on the marriage agreement he signed with Lin Luoqing prior to the marriage. 

But now, hearing Lin Luoqing's words, he felt the him from before was simply worrying too much and for no good reason.