Chapter 124: Parent-Teacher Conference, First Place

After the final exams, Lin Fei and Ji Leyu were officially on break.

"The teacher assigned some winter break homework. After a few days when dad goes to the parent-teacher conference, the teacher will give you the assignments and dad will also be able to find out how we placed," Ji Leyu's voice was crisp and clear.

Lin Fei nodded his head, "En."

Lin Luoqing looked at his two children and worried.

He was now experiencing what it felt like to be fretting as a parent while the children themselves were calm and unconcerned. It was just that with Lin Fei's light expression, if he really didn't place first, wouldn't it be dealing him a tremendous blow if he didn't place first?

Lin Luoqing felt his cub won't be able to bear that kind of hit and prayed for Lin Fei to please, please, please place first.

"Dad, you must go to the parent-teacher conference for me," Ji Leyu reiterated.

Lin Luoqing nodded his head.

He then looked at Lin Fei, "I'll also go to yours."

"En," Lin Fei stated indifferently but was happy inside. A tiny grass sprouted in his heart.

Lin Luoqing wasn't there for the parent-teacher conference after the midterm exams. He was the only child there who didn't have a parent there for him. 

At that time, he didn't think much of it and wasn't really upset because Lin Luoqing didn't go for him. 

But now, Lin Fei was happy because Lin Luoqing would attend the parent-teacher conference.

When he didn't care, Lin Fei wouldn't waste any of his emotions. But when he starts to care, expectations and anticipations would inexplicably start to bloom inside him.

Lin Fei also realized he wanted Lin Luoqing to attend his parent-teacher conferences, just like his mother once did.

He silently lowered his head and concealed the tiny grass sprout in his heart.

It was the first time Lin Luoqing attended this sort of activity and was extremely nervous.

When the day of the parent-teacher conference finally arrived, he paced in front of the closet for a long while. 

"What do you think I should wear. What about this jacket?" he asked Ji Yuxiao.

Ji Yuxiao: ...

Ji Yuxiao answered sincerely, "Otherwise? It's so cold outside. Did you plan to wear a suit instead?"

"I can wear the suit inside the building," Lin Luoqing responded cleverly. 

Ji Yuxiao: .... There's no need to be so formal?

You're going to attend a parent-teacher conference, not a United Nations conference!

"The jacket's fine. Be good and wear a sweater inside. Keep yourself warm."

Only then did Lin Luoqing helplessly take a sweater out of the closet. 

He changed his clothes and headed out with a nervous and hesitant mindset.

Ji Yuxiao accompanied Lin Luoqing to the school.

"Good luck," when the car pulled to a stop, Ji Yuxiao cheered for him.

Lin Luoqing looked at him and took a deep breath. He gave Ji Yuxiao a fierce hug before getting out of the car.

Originally, he wanted Ji Yuxiao to attend the parent-teacher conference with him, but Ji Yuxiao refused.