Chapter 42: "You Can Hug Me"

Ji Yuling was stunned, as though he did not expect Ji Yuxiao to directly inquire. After a long while he could only sigh helplessly. Ji Yuling grabbed his shoulder and headed towards the staircase. 

"Dad plans to make me the CEO," he said.

Ji Yuxiao was pleasantly surprised, "That's good news."

"What good news?" Ji Yuling stared at him, "You clearly know that you are more suited for the role than me. You're the one who is supposed to take over that position. I had already refused him once but he tried to persuade me again. I was really angered this time and yelled at him."

He looked at Ji Yuxiao and his tone resumed the gentleness he always had when speaking to Ji Yuxiao. He said, "You are my brother. You are more talented than me and he should not have made such a decision so hastily. This is not fair to you."

"That's why you didn't want me to know."

"I was afraid you would be upset."

Ji Yuxiao laughed and thought his brother really thought too much, "Why would I get upset over this matter? I'm overjoyed enough to throw two firecrackers out there as celebration, alright? And you. You clearly know that I have no interest in the company but you still deliberately left a position for me. Aren't you afraid of upsetting me over that matter?"

Ji Yuling knocked on his head helplessly, "Then you might as well be upset your entire life."

Ji Yuxiao laughed and leaned over to him before saying quietly, "Then let me tell you something. Don't tell anyone else."

"What?" Ji Yuling asked, perplexed.

"I'm actually already a President."

Ji Yuling:???

"When I was a senior, weren't you always asking what I was busying over? Why I wasn't coming home? Why I wasn't working at the company? At that time, I said my classmates had something they need my help with and it was actually starting a business."

Ji Yuling was stunned.

"Why haven't you ever told me?"

"How can you say that? Don't I need my own pride? What if I failed? So if there wasn't a little progress, how could I tell you?"

Ji Yuling arched and eyebrow when he heard that, "Seems like there's been progress."

"It has successfully been listed this year." Ji Yuxiao grinned.

Ji Yuling looked into his gaze and saw the relief and pride.

He had always believed that Ji Yuxiao was more talented than himself but because of him, Ji Yuxiao had developed a sense of rejection for any position at Ji Corporation, for fear of stealing Ji Yuling's position.

Ji Yuling actually did not care. He was willing to push Ji Yuxiao to a higher position and showcase his talents. However, Ji Yuxiao had long given him the entire Ji Corporation.

Ji Yuling stared at his brother. His gaze was filled with pride and gentleness, "Alright. Since you want to start you own business, I won't force you anymore."

"That's what you said," Ji Yuxiao looked at him joyfully, "Then after a while, head back and tell Dad that you agree. You should have long became the CEO. If you continue to resist, Ji Mu sure would like to take that position."

Ji Yuling laughed and said, "No hurry."

At that time, he had truly thought that Ji Yuling had argued with their father over the position of CEO. But, was that really the case?

This was not something he should know. Otherwise, Ji Yuling wouldn't directly tell him right after he asked.

However, the tone he used in the study was so severe. Much more so than any other time Ji Yuxiao had ever seen him. Ji Yuling was gentle by nature and had never talked to their father like that. And simply because he thought his father was being unfair?