Chapter 77: "For You."

Riding Luo Jia's car was as steady and comfortable as ever, The three of them arrived back at the manor around the same time they normally did. Lin Luoqing opened the door and led Lin Fei and Ji Leyu in.

Auntie Zhang saw them and exclaimed in surprise, "Mr. Lin, how are you home? Have you finished your work?"

"Not yet. I'm coming home to stay for a night and leaving again tomorrow."

"Then I'll add another dish. I make something Mr. Lin, you'd like."

"Alright, thank you," Lin Luoqing said with a grin.

Auntie Zhang waved her hand and said, "Mr. Lin is being too polite again," before she headed back into the kitchen.

Lin Luoqing led Lin Fei and Ji Leyu up the stairs. Lin Fei pulled on Lin Luoqing and the two of them headed into his bedroom.

"What's wrong?" Lin Luoqing asked him.

"Close your eyes," Lin Fei said.

Lin Luoqing looked at him in confusion and then said with a grin, "So mysterious?"

It was rare for Lin Fei to be like this with him.

Originally, Lin Fei inded to simply give Lin Luoqing the cactus, but with the words Lin Luoqing had just said to him, he felt really happy and warm inside. He didn't just want to give the gift out just like that.

--He had seen the way others gave gifts on television, and remembered that those who received the gifts were ecstatic.

As such, he figured Lin Luoqing would also be happy.

Lin Luoqing cooperated and raised his hands to cover his eyes. He said gently, "Like this?"

"En."

"And then?" Lin Luoqing asked.

He never expected nor thought about the possibility of Lin Fei giving him a gift. After all, Lin Fei never revealed an inclination to do so.

Lin Fei looked at him before hurriedly rushing over to the bay window and picked up the pot of cactus, and then slowly returning to Lin Luoqing.

He held the pot of cactus very firmly. Because he was still short and wanted to give it to Lin Luoqing, who was taller than him, He had to hold the pot up with both his hands.

"You can open your eyes now," Lin Fei's voice was very soft.

Lin Luoqing put down his hands and saw a pot of cactus before him. The cactus could not be considered big, but was bigger than the one he had given Lin Fei.

"For you," Lin Fei gave him a smile.

His eyes were curved in crescents and his lashes covered his heart like a rain curtain that were gently lifted to reveal his clear and bright eyes. The light was reflected from his eyes and melted his former calmness and indifference into only thawing shards of ice, into stars in the sky.

Lin Luoqing could place his feeling into words.

Surprise. Excitement. Satisfaction. Exuberance. He looked at the person before him and slowly took the bot of cactus he held up in his hands.

This was the first present Lin Fei had asked from him. He was in a store filled with silver and gold, but had asked him seriously if he could have a pot of flowers.

And now, he giving him teh same gift.

Lin Luoqing felt his own heart blossom. It blossomed on the cactus in his hands, in Lin Fei's eyes, and also inside his own chest.

In that moment, he couldn't help but laugh.

"Thank you," Lin Luoqing said to him with a smile, "I really like it."