Chapter 123: "Honey, You're So Considerate..."

After New Years, Ji Leyu and Lin Fei returned to school and Lin Luoqing also returned to working at the company again.

Chen Liwei was still unable to persuade to persuade Su Tong. In the end, he left alone.

Lin Luoqing could not help but laugh with mockery, but not ostentatiously. He had no intentions of being pestered by him. Lin Luoqing had already achieved his means. That was sufficient for him. 

Su Tong then went to find Lin Luoqing regarding renewing his contract.

"You're willing to renew the contract?" Lin Luoqing was pleasantly surprised. Su Tong's contract expired in September. He didn't expect Su Tong to decide to renew his contract this soon.

"I was only procrastinating before and simply too lazy to bother, but that didn't mean I actually had intentions of changing companies," Su Tong responded lazily. 

Lin Luoqing was stunned, "Then when you told me you were considering other companies, that was only a means of scaring me?"

Su Tong looked at him and sighed helplessly, "Although Ji Yuxiao doesn't want to let you know, I don't think it's anything worth keeping from you. He told me about the matter with Chen Liwei and I was aware of the issue from the moment it started. He told me if Chen Liwei had the intentions, to simply cooperate and lead him on. I was only complying to his orders and designs."

He looked at Lin Luoqing, "He originally planned on letting you know when you tell him about Chen Liwei yourself but then he called me again. Ji Yuxiao thought you should be capable of handling this matter yourself. He said you had the skills and capabilities and didn't allow me to say."

"Ji Yuxiao said you're suitable for this position but lack confidence. He wanted to give you the opportunity to handle this matter yourself as means of developing confidence in yourself. Isn't he considerate? So I naturally decided not to spoil the care between you two little couples," Su Tong said with a grin.

Lin Luoqing didn't expect this, "So the words you said that day during out meeting was all a lie?"

"Not entirely," Su Tong said, "I meant my praise. Although I have no intentions of leaving, but if I did, I might have been convinced to stay because of your words and promises. After all, you did paint a pretty image and also gave me the time to observe and see for myself. It was a tempting offer so Ji Yuxiao was right in that you're indeed, suitable for this position and should have more confidence in yourself."

Lin Luoqing couldn't help but grin.

He did quite relish in this feeling of being recognized. Especially by Ji Yuxiao.

However... 

"You have a good relationship with Ji Yuxiao?"

"It's alright. It has more to do with because he's Ji Yuling's younger brother."

"So you have a good relationship with elder brother?"

"Not really."

"Then..."

Su Tong stood up, "Humans, are not only occupied by feelings of companionship, but also connection due to gratitude, understand?"

Lin Luoqing understood.

"I'm heading now," Su Tong finished signing his name and put the pen down. After, he left Lin Luoqing's office.

Lin Luoqing watched him leave as his heart filled with doubt. After he returned home and inquired, "What is the relationship between Su Tong and elder brother?"

Ji Yuxiao thought about it, "If you have to ask like that, then it could only be best described as gratitude and feeling of being indebted."

"Indebted?"