Chapter 135: Twice the Happy Occasion

Ji Yuxiao took notice of his gaze and looked back suspiciously. Only then did he find Lin Fei looking at them.

Ji Yuxiao: ...

This was probably one of the top most awkward moments parents have in front of their children. 

Ji Yuxiao smiled. Then laughed. He attempted to make himself appear less awkward, "Good morning, Fei Fei."

"Good morning," Lin Fei responded calmly.

"I'll go wash up first," Ji Yuxiao bowed his head slightly.

Lin Fei: "Oh."

Ji Yuxiao then wheeled himself toward the bathroom.

Lin Luoqing: ????

Clearly the two of them exchanged kisses and did the deed together but he sneakily ran away by himself and left Lin Luoqing alone to face this child? Is that appropriate?

Lin Luoqing was angry and hated he couldn't pull Ji Yuxiao out from the bathroom. 

Lin Luoqing looked at Lin Fei and besides smiling, he could only still smile.

This was really... too awkward!

"Fei Fei, you woke up really early."

Lin Fei sat up and responded with a calm tone, "It's already later than normally."

Lin Luoqing: ...It really was. Normally when he woke up, Lin Fei was already awake. From that perspective, Lin Fei really did wake up later than he normally did this time.

"Isn't it New Years. You could've slept a bit more," Lin Fei said to him with a smile.

Lin Fei lifted the covers and got off the bed. He then discovered a red corner peeking out from his pajama pockets. When he took the item out, he discovered that it was a red packet.

"Happy New Year," Lin Luoqing said to him, "Fei Fei should be happy and healthy this coming year."

Lin Fei looked at the red packet in his hand and recalled that his mother used to give him a red packet every year and wish him a happy and healthy new year to come as well.

This year, although his mother was no longer here, he still received a red packet. 

He raised his head to look at Lin Luoqing. Lin Luoqing returned his gaze with a gentle look and a smile slowly spread across Lin Fei's face.

"En," he responded. 

As always, Ji Ley uwas the last out of their family of four to wake up. What was different though was when Ji Leyu discovered the red packet, he smiled happily and was immediately ecstatic. He said sweetly to Lin Luoqing and Ji Yuxiao, "Thank you Daddy."

"You're welcome," Lin Luoqing responded with a grin.

Ji Leyu looked at the grin on his face and then the red packet in his hands. He felt as though he had returned to the past. Every year, his mother would give him a red packet. She would hide it beneath his pillow and say the next morning it was Chinese New Years money.

Ji Leyu never understood what a red packet signified, but he was happy just receiving it. Because of it, he would be happy every Chinese New Years.

This year, the mother who gives him the red packet turned into another Daddy, but both of them would sneakily give the red packet to him and smile at him gently. 

Ji Leyu suddenly felt the urge to act coquettish. He reached out his arms and said softly, "Daddy, carry me to wash up."

"Alright," Lin Luoqing picked him up and carried him into the bathroom.