Chapter 38 - Skill

1044 words.

Patata was going head to head with the four armed demon, the two right arms swung at him as the other two were raised. Patata blocked the attack but jumped back as the other two came down, he was slashed across the face. He blocked his eyes with his right arm, leaving it slashed in many places. As he jumped back Tengen dived in, he slashed the demons chest. The demon jumped in, Tengen avoided it and the rooms shifted seperating them. The demon rushed Patata, be blocked an attack from all four swords, the force of them blasted him away.

He hit the floor and was ricocheted into a wall. As he got up the demon held out two swords to jab him. He dodged it and the other two came across, he couldn't move aside because the other two would slice him, he couldn't duck because they would also slice him and he couldn't jumped because the two coming towards him would slice him. He quickly reacted and jumped, the swords went in opposite directions and Patata fit between them. He landed and boosted himself upwards, the demon twirled around and slashed the wall. Wood flew off of it and was used for the demon to dash around, Patata couldn't see. From behind the demon went to stab him, he maneuvered around but was about to be slashed by another sword. A droplet formed on his face, he jumped back and dodged the attack. The demon rushed towards him, he blocked each attack from it and got in close.

He slashed the two left arms off and dashed around him. The demon regenerated and went to block but Patata curved his sword and slashed all the arms off. Obanai's training worked, as the demon was regenerating Patata dashed infront of it. The demon pulled out a few swords from its back, it rushed Patata. The four swords slammed into the ground, Patata was knocked back. He took a step back but was instantly rushed. The demon slashed Patata across the chest, he slashed the demons head off before going for the neck. The demon jumped back, it hopped over the next attack Patata was ready to hit. Two more arms grew out of the demons back, it used them
to cartwheel past Patata. He spun around and went to slash the demons head off, it blocked the sword attack with its own and the the three others went to jab.

He jumped out of the way and two swords were lunged at Patata, he blocked one and the second one slashed his arm. The demon ran in with all six arms holding swords, in a split second, Patata had slashed all six arms off and hit the neck as he boosted past the demon. The blade was slowly slicing through the neck, Patata put all his strength into it. The demon regenerated and spun around, Patata jumped back and the demon slammed its fists into the ground.

The second Patata's foot touched the ground, the demon rushed in to attack. With its swords it attacked Patata with a barrage, he kept up and blocked each attack. Patata was slashed across the arm as the demon grew even more arms.
(Patata) - Two.. F-four- Six.. Eight- Ten! -
The demon now had ten arms, constant attacks were too hard for Patata to block, but the attacks were getting slower and slower with less power.

As upper five was fighting Akira, another foe entered the corridor. Akira struggled keeping up with the punches and kicks, the demon warped behind Akira. But Obanai jumped, he went to cut the demons head off.
(Akira) - Its- not warping...? I can see for a split second as it travels across the corridor. -

The demon jumped at them, Obanai stood ahead of Akira and blocked the punch. The demon landed and went to kick Obanai in the gut. He dodged and Akira rushed in, he slashed the demon's left arm off, it regenerated in an instant. The demon blasted Akira away.
(Obanai) - What-!? What's its ability!? -
(Akira) - Shi- -
Akira was caught by Mitsuri.
[Mitsuri] - Sorry Obanai!! Just wanted to find Jaydo!! -
[Obanai] - No wor- -
The demon hopped and went to kick Obanai in the head. He barely avoided it, the demon sighed and as it landed it blasted Obanai through the corridor wall. He fell onto a lower platform. Jaydo rushed in, as the demon went to punch him, he curved his body around the fist and went to slice its head off. The demon raised its arm and it hit Jaydo's waist, he was suddenly blown up into the roof. Akira jumped to his feet, Mitsuri already dashed in, she slashed the demons arms off. She twirled round it and slashed it down the back.

Akira pushed her out of the way as the demon released an explosion. Mitsuri sat up to see Akira had been blown through the wall and Jaydo was laying on the floor at the other end of the corridor. The demon clenched its fist and jumped off onto the platform where Akira and Obanai were. She jolted up and ran to the hole to see the platform, the second she looked round the demon was already fighting them. She instantly turned to Jaydo and ran towards him, she lifted him up. As Jaydo rested over her shoulder she looked about.

Obanai and Akira were struggling to keep up with the constant punches. Akira was hit in the gut, the demon sent an explosion through its arm and Akira was launched into the air. Obanai was distracted by his safety but managed to dodge a punch. He looked back at the demon, he suddenly hopped back. He caught Akira middair and bounced off of a wall, he dropped Akira behind the demon. He then bounced off of another wall, lunging at the demon. As Akira landed on his feet he slashed the demons arm off. The demon jumped up and tried to hit an axe kick, Akira dodged it but the demon released an explosion as his foot made contact with the ground. The floor below them exploded, Akira was knocked off the edge. He fell onto a lower platform and was unconscious.