Chapter 42 - King Kaque Pt.1

1026 words.

Kaque swung his flail all around the area, this was hard for Mid, he managed to avoid the attacks. As he dodged a swing he bounced off of the wall, lunging at Kaque. He swung for the head, the flail came back and Mid had to avoid the attack. As he did Kaque swung the flail back at him, the flail missed as he jumped over it. Mid's breathing was out of control and he tried inhaling to perform a breathing technique. He was knocked back by the flail, his sword had been chipped, he couldn't keep up with the constant attacks.

Mid rushed in he swung his sword, the chain from the flail wrapped around the sword and the flail almost hit Mid in the face. He moved back to avoid it and he slightly loosened his grip on the hilt. Kaque pulled the sword away and tossed it aside, he then swung the flail back at Kaque, he dodged it and held his arms up and prepared to break a few bones. Kaque then swung the flail at Mid, the flail slashed his right arm and was about to crush them both, the flail was knocked away by Patata.

Patata lunged at Kaque as he pushed Mid aside, his attack was blocked as Kaque shot out a spike, he then brought the flail back. Patata avoided it and dropped down as the flail was swung over him.
[Patata] - Water breathing; First form: Water surface slash. -
He lunged at Kaque, he held his arms slightly crossed with his sword beside his face, he then swung his arms out. He slashed Kaque across the eyes, he then swung his foot up and kicked Kaque in the chin. He then kicked off of Kaque's chest and bounced back to avoid the flail that slammed into the ground.

As he landed the flail was swung upwards and barely grazed his chin, that attack flipped Patata over. He instantly got up to avoid another flail attack, the constant attacks pushed him back. Mid rushed in and avoided the chain, he then dived past Kaque and grabbed his sword. He rolled across the floor and jumped up to avoid the flail, the flail was then swung behind Kaque. It was blocked by Patata, the flail came back and was blocked by Mid. Kaque jumped back and avoided a slice from Patata.

Both of them then rushed him, their attacks were countered by the flail's chain. Kaque jumped back to avoid another slice from Mid, he jumped up and slashed down, the attack was dodged, as his foot touched the floor he swept off his foot by the chain. Kaque pulled his flail up and swung down, Patata blocked it allowing Mid to lunged in and slash Kaque's arms off. He regenerated and kicked Mid away, as the kick connected a few of his ribs cracked. He was knocked into a wall, the door beside him was slashed open and Kaciz dived through. He held his sword up and dashed at him.

Kaque blocked the attack with his flail and twirled around to hit them all with one flail attack, Zak jumped in and tossed Kaciz over it, allowing himself to get slashed across the chest by the flail. It tore a tone of flesh and he was bleeding a ton, the other two avoided the attack. Patata ran towards Zak, Mid rushed in and blocked the flail, saving the both of them. Mid looked back and Patata nodded and switched places with Mid, he slashed rapidly and cut the chain, the flail disappeared and Kaque shot out a spike from his arm.

He blocked Patata's barrage of attacks and shot out the spike, the attack slashed Patata across the cheek and crashed through the wall behind them. From beside them Kaciz got into a stance and inhaled, with his sword sheathed.
[Kaciz] - Thunder breathing; First form; Thunderclap and flash: Sixfold! -
He dashed forth, he jumped up and bounced off of the platform above them, then bouncing off a wall beside them, to then bounce off the other wall, then bouncing off of the floor, then the roof to come down and slash Kaque's arms off.

Kaciz then swung for the neck, as the arms regenerated he shot out a spike which impaled Kaciz by the shoulder. It poked out and luckily stopped as it was about to hit Patata's face. Patata dived beneath them and swung for the neck, Kaque swung the spike and shot it out from his arm. That sent Kaciz flying aswell, another spike them came from Kaque's arm to block an attack from Patata, he then jumped back to avoid a diving attack from Mid.

-flashback for Mid-
[Mid's mother] - Triplets... Perfect for the serpent demon... once we feed Obanai to that demon we can feed these three aswell- I'll name them.. Old, Mid and Young... I don't really care for names anymore... -
[Mid's father] - Hmmm... I don't care either, very well then. -
All the babies were crying, except for Mid, he sat there, bloody, no tears. The mother noticed this and pushed him aside from the others before trying to shut the normal two up. For a while they were growing up the serpent demon had been killed, and Obanai had been taken away. The mother managed to hide the triplets so she could raise them, and beat them, for her own entertainment. As they were growing up she had a soft spot for the other two and decided to raise the other two while she beat Mid for being an outcast. He didn't feel much emotion, only until he turned thirteen, he ran away. He had no idea what had gotten into him, he found a residence where he saw his younger brother Marko who had been taken in by some other family. Mid smiled for the first time, he walked up to his younger brother, knowing it was him by his eyes. He hugged him tightly, Marko didn't recognise him, but Obanai who was talking to Marko at the time did. Mid cried for the first time, he also remembered Obanai.