Chapter 43 - King Kaque Pt. 2

As Mid grew up with Marko, he had met a girl the same age as him. He was able to leave Marko and Patata by themselves as they grew older so he was able to sneak out to see her. For ages they constantly visisted each other, when they turned sixteen Mid asked her out on a date. She accepted. They wondered around together, holding hands. As they reached a bridge the sun was setting. They left back to their homes and officially began dating. Once they turned eighteen Mid proposed to her, she was speechless. She accepted and put the ring on her finger, as Mid slowly got up to his feet he sensed something.

He jumped into a protective stance but it was too late, he was a slayer but had no missions at the time so he left his nichirin sword back at home. He was slashed down the chest, with no weapon to defend himself with. As he slowly got up and looked back he saw a demon eating his fiancé. Anger filled his eyes and his body temperature rose, a kid who sat in the bushed shivered in fear as he could hear punches, blood splatters, grunts and screams. Once it all stopped it the sun had risen, the kid was tired and afraid, he bravely peeked past the bush and saw Mid on his knees, with bloodied fists. The blood dripped on the floor, though it was his own, the floor had no marks and there was someone there. The kid had no idea what he was punching and saw the dead girl behind him, he screamed at the top of his lungs and people from the nearby town came running. They had spears and swords, they saw the kid shivering in fear and a man kneeling infront of him with a weird crest on his forehead which simbolized devils and demons. The townspeople were ready to execute him, the mark disappeared, as it did one man jabbed his spear at Mid. He held his hand up and the spear stabbed through his hand, blood dripped. The townspeople who were horrified all left, Mid had passed out and woke up in a hut. He sat up and saw a snake slithering on his bed, he jumped off the bed and fell to the floor, his knees were weak and he could barely stand.
[Mid] - What the fuck- -
[Obanai] - Settle down, thats my snake, he doesn't bite. -
[Mid] - Obanai!? -
[Obanai] - Im gonna take care of you while you heal up, don't worry, ok. -
[Mid] - My fiancé- she- -
[Obanai] - Her parents buried her and attacked me, the reason was for protecting you. They called you a monster, there were gauges everywhere on her corpse and claw marks, but your fists were bloodied. May i ask, what happened? -
[Mid] - My nichirin- I didn- -
[Obanai] - Your newly forged nichirin is on the side. -
[Mid] - I beat the demon with my bare fists after it- -
[Obanai] - I see... The scar across your chest will take a while to heal, it's best to rest. -
-Flashback End-

Mid regained focus as Patata blocked the oncoming attacks, he rushed in, he swung his sword at Kaque. The attack was blocked and by the wrist, he was pulled in closer. Kaque shot out a spike and it slashed Mid across the waist. He tore his haori off and it blocked Kaque's vision. He dived past and tore his shirt off before wrapping it around Kaque's face, as Kaque went to pull it off a sword hit his neck. He tore the shirt off and grabbed the blade.

Kaque pushed the blade aside, it was Mid's, a mark now formed on his forehead. Mid avoided the next attack from Kaque before slashing his arm off. It regenerated in an instant, he then lunged at Mid. He held his sword up and blocked a punch, Kaque then shot out a spike. With this spike he slashed at Mid, the attack was blocked, they traded barrages of slashes. Mid had gotten faster yet Kaque still cut him around his arms, he then shot the spike, Mid dodged it and got in close. He swung his sword upwards.

There was an explosion, Patata looked through a clearing in the smoke cloud from the explosion. He saw Mid with half his arm missing, it had been sliced off. With his other hand he held the sword tightly, he slashed at Kaque. He jumped back, with confidence he dived straight back in. He went to jab Mid in the gut, he perfectly avoided it and swung his sword full force with his remaining hand at Kaque's neck. The sword cut a bit of hair off as Kaque ducked, he jumped back up and blocked an attack from Mid.

Patata then rushed in, blood had been spilt all over the floor, making it hard for Patata to get close. He jumped over the two and landed beside Kaque, he rushed at him. He swung his sword, Kaque jumped back avoiding two slices from both. He shot out the spike, directed at Zak, he blocked the attack and glared at Kaque. Zak inhaled.
[Zak] - Wind breathing; Special technique: Rotating fan. -
He rushed Kaque, he rotated his sword infront of him and diced up Kaque's arms. He moved back and tried avoiding another attack, but Mid jumped in and hit the back of Kaque's neck.

(Kaque) - Why...? -
-Flashback-
Kaque got a flashback from back when he was a young boy, the memory he went back to from when he was a human, was when he was surrounded by people. Kaque curled up into a ball and sobbed, the people around him battered him with sticks, they shouted at him and called him names aswell. Kaque never realised why people hated him, until he turned fourteen. He realised that his mother, the beauty of the town, was killed when going into labor. His dad hated him for that, the love of his life died, giving birth to a boy, even though all the girls from the family where beautiful, no matter the generation. Kaque looks like a girl, even as a demon, the reason for his appearance is because his mothers genetics and he was always dressed up and styled to be a girl. He was physically strong, he got stronger and stronger as he aged. The townspeople called him a freak and where scared of his strength so he was put in a cell and set to be executed. People called him a monster, a devil, a demon, a failure.