Chapter 21

We started off by doing some spelling and Mr. Perry was super helpful and friendly. I started to get my hopes up because school might not be as bad as I thought it would be. Except for those bullies who were pushing Jeana around. I will most likely stay away from them instead of befriending them.

Deep In my thoughts, I almost didnt even hear the bell. Its already been 45 minutes? We had to stay in with Mr. Perry for a reading class. This class also flew by in what felt like 3 seconds but was actually 45 minutes.

After Mr. Perry left, another person walked in. This time it was a pretty girl about the age of 20-25. She had short, brown hair, brown eyes, and a nice smile. She looked super friendly and I breathed out a sound of relief to know that most of the teachers here are nice.

"Hey guys! I missed this class." She cheered with a big grin.

I smiled and looked down ag my schedule to see that it was art. The teacher looked over at me and had a shocked face on.

"Im sorry but i dont remember ever seeing you so im hoping your new so I don't sound like a bad person." She said concerned but giggly at the same time.

"Dont worry." I smiled. "Im new, and my name is Maya."

She nodded. "Ah, good. Hello Maya, I am Kyla, but I guess you can call me Mrs. Mackie. Welcome to Art!"

I laughed. She was really funny and I could tell this was gunna be a good class. "Okay, right now were drawing portraits of ourselves, and it's like, so fun so were gunna have a good year, girlfriend." She said as she put her arm around me. She gave me a piece of paper and told me what to do.

I had to draw myself as best as I could. And then I had to color it with whatever I want to use. I started off drawing the head and then the neck. I was deep in concentration, and I looked over at Jeana's picture. I was shocked. It looks just like her and it had a lot of detail to it.

"Holy crap, Jeana!" I exclaimed.

She looked over at me. "What?"

I pointed at her paper. "Your portrait!"

She laughed and looked at it. "What about it?"

"Its amazing!"

She blushed and looked at me. "Aww, you think so?" I nodded like crazy.

"The shading... the details, Everything!" I pointed.

She complimented mine so far and we chatted through class.

When it was time to clean up, I had already finished my head and shoulders and hair. I drew as best and I could and it really paid off. I was impressed with it.

The bell rang and Mrs. Mackie waved bye and left and I was informed that it is lunch time.