Chapter 25

I woke up to birds chirping and sun shine. I smiled and sat up. The time says 6:30, so I decide to go down early.

As I walk downstairs, I see Alfie and Zoe on the couch cuddling and watching TV.

"Hey guys!" I chirped.

both their heads shot my way, surprised. "Your up early." Alfie commented, smiling.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" Zoe grinned.

"Morning." I said back, as I sat down beside them.

We were watching some weird show in silence and then Alfie decided to speak up. "Want some breakfast?"

"Sure." I nodded.

He let go of Zoe and walked into the kitchen into the cupboard. He pulled out some boxes.

"Want some cereal?"

"Sure please."

I pointed to the cheerios and he put the other cereal back and poured the cheerios into a bowl along with some milk and walked into the room, handing it to me.

I thanked him and ate it.

We continued to watch the show and I ate all my breakfast. It was only 7 by the time I was done.

"I have plenty of time so we should just talk until maybe 7:30." I smiled.

They smiled back. "Sure! What do you want to talk about?" Zoe asked.

I decided to tell them more about Jeana. How friendly she was even though she didn't have any friends.

"You should invite her over sometime." Alfie pointed out.

"Oo yeah." I nodded.

"Who's your favorite teacher?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. Then it hit me. "Mrs. Mackie."

I told them about her, what she taught me, and all that.

They seemed really happy to know that I'm all good and having fun in school. I even told them more about gross Ms. Rottenburg. They didn't like to hear about her but they laughed at when I told them about how weird she was.

After what seemed like forever of telling them stuff, I noticed that it was 7:45.

"Well I should get ready."

They frowned and awed.

"Here Maya, I'm gunna give you something." Zoe smiled as she walked unstairs. I shrugged and Alfie and he shrugged back, and I followed her.

We went into their room and she went to her makeup drawer. In there, she pulled out some eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.

"Have fun." She said as she handed them to me.

I gasped and gave her a hug. "Thank you so much, Mom-" I cutted myself off.

She pulled back and didn't say anything back. "Did you call me mom?"

I gulped. "I don't think so."

She laughed. "Aw Maya that's okay. Call me whatever you want."

I blushed. I was totally embarrassed. "Okay.."

She hugged me and went downstairs.