Chapter 67

Alice is back hanging out with Hannah, but I've noticed how distant she is. Hannah is making rude comments and being a snob to her, but she just smiles and follows along.

Jeana was very quiet all day, making me feel even more awful. But, now the last bell rang and she quickly left home only saying a quick 'bye'

"Ready?" Sam asks as I lock my locker. I close my bag after a quick peek inside to make sure I have my homework. Then I nod and we walk out of the school.

He lends me his hand and I take it and we walk out of the schoolyard and he leads me to the park we went to last time.

He starts to notice how quiet I am on the way. "what's wrong?" He asks, titling his head down.

"It's nothing.." I say quietly.

He stops and looks at me. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

I nod without looking at him. "Then what's wrong?" He asks again.

I sigh. "It's about Jeana."

He chuckles a bit. "Okay what about her?"

"Well.. before you and I started 'dating', she kind of had a crush on you." I say slowly.

His eyes widen. "Oh?"

I nod. "Yeah..."

"So... she's upset that I chose you?" He laughs a bit.

"That's exactly true."

We continue walking. "So.. are you guys going to be okay?"

I shrug. "I hope so."

He stops again. "We don't have to break up, right?"

I laugh. "No no no, no don't worry. We don't have to break up."

He breathes out. "Thank god you had me worried."

I laugh and we finally get to the bench and sit down.

Jeanas pov

I'm currently walking home alone. I don't mind that I walk everyday, I'd rather walk than get driven by Jim or Tan.

I shouldn't be upset, really. If Maya is happy with Sam, I can't do anything about it. I wish I never got sad. What kind of friend am I?

Apparently not a good one.

I'll tell her tomorrow that I'm okay. Her and Sam are cute together anyways. He obviously doesn't like me like that.

I arrive home and get a friendly greet from my foster parents. I tell them about my day and I go upstairs and slump down on my bed.

They are planning on telling their fans about me soon. I think it will be super weird and awkward, but if they accepted Maya, they will accept me too.