Chapter 6

Alfie's Pov

I don't know what's more depressing. The fact that we have been lying to our viewers for the longest time, or the fact that my wife cant get pregnant.

We have told our friends and family whats going to happen, and their all really excited for it. And of course, so am I.

Zoe's Pov

We have arrived! We left Brighton not too long ago and we have now arrived in London. I drove of course, since Alfie doesnt have a license.

We get out of my car and walk along the sidewalk to a place called 'London Adoption' I take a deep breath, and walk in, hand in hand with my husband.

Alfie's Pov

It felt like the drive took hours, but really only took about one hour. We get out of Zoe's car and walk in the doors of our destination.

This is the day where I, Alfie Deyes are going to adopt a child with Zoe Deyes.

Maya's Pov

I sit tight in my room by myself, waiting for the week to be over. I feel so alone without Skyler, and I wish she'd come back. I cover up in my blanket and close my eyes.

"Hello!" I heard a sweet, high pitched voice say. I know that voice. I shot out of bed and peek out of the door only to see my two heroes, Alfies Deyes and Zoe Sugg.

This can't be happening. I can't breathe or move.

Zoe's Pov

"Hello!" I say with happiness to the first lady we saw. She has red, knotty hair with big brown eyes. She sighs and turns to me.

"Can I help you?" She asks, annoyed. I can tell this isn't going to be good.

"We would like to adopt a child." Alfie says in a weird tone. Why else would we be here?

"Oh, right." The woman says. "I'm Jackie. Come along." She motions her hand over towards the back and we follow her.

Maya's Pov

I can't breathe. Is this even real? It can't be. Like, seriously? Out of all the places, they chose here. I peek out of the door again only to see them coming my way.

"This room has kids ages 1-4 in it." I hear Jackie say. "It goes on till that door ages 5 through 10."

I hear that same, sweet voice again. "Um, what about that door?" She asks.

"Pft, you want a younger kid, right? Thats ages 11-16. We only have one 12 year old in there though. But you dont want her. You want to go for the younger kids."

My eyes started tearing up. This is why I cant get adopted. People only want the young kids.

"Well, we can't leave her out. Can we meet her?" A man asks. My smile went from ear to ear. It was Alfie. Alfie Deyes wants to meet me. I wipe my tears and sit down on the bed.

Alfie's Pov

Jackie rolls her eyes at my comment. "Whatever. Ill leave you two alone." She waddles away.

I feel bad for these kids. Zoe carefully knocks on the door. No answer. She opened it slowly and we looked inside only to find a beautiful little girl. She was quite short, with big blue eyes and long, brown hair with some blonde highlights.

She looks kind of like a young version of Zoe. She freezes and swallows a lump in her throat.

"Hi, there." Zoe says with cheer.

"Hi!" I added. The little girl still looks shocked and she eyes us up and down.

"Hi.." she says awkwardly.

"Whats your name?" I ask.

"M..Maya." she answers, nervously.

"Hi Maya." Zoe smiles. "I'm Zo-"

"I know who you guys are." Maya breathes out while smiling a little.

Zoe and I looked at each other and smile. "You watch us?" I asked.

She didnt answer. She looked down and frowned again. "You guys.... you guys are my inspiration. You are my heroes, and I've been watching you from the start. Your the only ones who can make me smile, amd make me happy, and..." Zoe's eyes got wet, and I smiled.

"And..." she said again. This time she didnt go on. She runs over and hugs us both. "Thankyou." She finishes We hugged her back.

"Its all thanks to you guys." I smile.

Zoe's Pov

This is what my life is. A little girl in tears, hugging us right now, thanking us. No. We should thank her. I pull her off and bend down and look into her eyes.

"Maya, no. Thank you." I say as I hugged her again. She starts whimpering, which makes me tear up even more. This little girl was perfect.

"One second, Maya." Alfie says as he pulls me off of her. She watched us as we left the room. Alfie shut the door and crossed his arms. "Zoe." He said as he looked at me. I sniff and wipe my eyes.

"Shes perfect, Alfie." I say with a smile. He smiles back.

"Then we've made our decision."

We walk back over to Jackie. "Jackie," I said. "We want to adopt Maya." She almost spit out her coffee. "You? You guys wana buy a 12 year old?" By all means, take her."

She gets us to sign some papers, agree on some terms, and answer some questions which took about 15 or 20 minutes. This is the most exciting experience in my life.

We walk into Maya's room again and she looked at us with a smile. "So was this the surprise?" She asks.

"Yes, Maya. The surprise is that we are going to adopt a kid." I say.

"Who did you decide on? Did you meet everybody?" She asks excitedly.

"We did. It was an easy decision." I add. "But, before we go, we just want to thank you for subscribing and watching our videos for all these years. People like you inspire us to make our videos." I turned and looked at Alfie.

"So," I added. "This is our decision, Maya. We adopted you."