When you meet Sandy

Being a water demon had it's perks. You had been friends with Monkey King for years on end, he knew knew all your secrets and you knew all his. You lived in the lake atop of Flower Fruit Mountain and always come over to Sun's hut whenever you needed some company. MK and Monkey King were training, he was teasing the young teen by ducking and evading MK's attacks, all with a grin. "You got to step yourself up kid. The enemy isn't going to think it's a good fair fight". You rolled your eyes at him, you step down from the hut and trip him. "Wah!" Monkey King yelped.

"The enemy does not care about a fair fight, Sun. They care about control and power not friendship and honesty" you say as you look down at Monkey King. "Oh! Hey morning Y/n!" Monkey King cheered as he hopped back up. "Morning Y/n! How did you sleep?" MK questioned. "Awful. Someone was making some racket" you say as you glare at Monkey King. He just chuckles nervously. "Anyways I'm going down to grab some food. Do you need anything?" you says with a smile towards MK. He hums, "Oo! Could you grab me some of those new chocolate filled crepes, the ones with the blue stripe not the green stripe. They just taste weirder". "Uh ok, blue stripe ones it is" you say as you tilt your head slightly.

...........................

You arrived at the underground shops. You look through the multitude of crepes, dead set focused on finding the blue striped ones. "Ah!" you chirp as you find them and put them into your bag. You walk out of the isle and down the next one. You were interested in the array of teas they had. You stared at them confused, unsure of which one to pick. You started to look through them. Jasmine, Soy, Blue, River, Green, Dirt. Dirt tea? You shook your head, it sounded so strange and stupid. But as you looked through the teas your ears perked up. A scream. You dropped your bags and run outside, you saw some demon children being chased by hooded figures.

You turn to your left to see a fish shop, with a tank that had no fish. You danced your hands around one another and shot the water at the figured. "Hey! What the-" one of them yelled. The demon children ran behind you and you edged and cooed for them to step aside and move away from the streets. You turned back and got in position, the hooded figures pulled out swords and you gave a low frown. The first one charged, he kicked him in the gut and whipped him away with the water. The next one swung at you but you hopped and skipped out of the way. You went behind him and hit the nape of his neck, the figure reeled forward as he fell down. Another one came up behind you and charge you with a knife.

You twirled the water in your hands and turned it into ice, two spikes at the end of your hands. He blocked and you attacked as you puffed in and out for air. You could see the figure smiling from under the hood, you pushed him back and got in a sturdy position. He pulled out a strange looking whistle. He blew on it and you covered your ears at the piercing sound, as did everyone else in the street. You fell to your knees and the ice turned back into water and fell down into a puddle below you. You mange to look up to see one of the hooded figures holding their sword over you. You suddenly fell back in fear, you were not prepared to go not. Not yet.

Suddenly the whistle stopped, the figure gave a confused look behind him to see his friend being picked up by a large blue man. He broke the whistle with two of his fingers and set the other figure down. He shook violently as the large blue man walked over to you. "Do you mind me telling me what you are doing to this young lady?" he questioned in a low voice. His shadow looked over the two of you. "Well I was- Ahem you see-" the guy says trying to explain. "I suggest you go before I break every bone in your body" he says as he bends down to the guy's level. "Yep uh huh, we'll go now!" the guys says as he runs off. The other hooded figures follow him.

The blue man held his hand down to you. "Aren't you doing to get up?" he questions to you, with a smile. You just nod and take his hand, hoisting yourself back up. "That was some really impressive water powers you have there". "Oh, thank you. My name is Y/n by the way". "I'm Sandy. And that's Mo" he says pointing to your feet. You feel something shuffling and you see a blue cat with a orange Mohawk moving back and forth between your feet. You pick him up and aw at him. You hold Mo like a baby as you talk to him in a baby voice. Sandy coughs, and you just look at him blushing slightly. "T-thank you for your help again. But I must get going". "Oh. Right...you were at the shops?". "Yes?" you say unsure. "Let me go with you. I don't want anyone else hurting someone like you" you says with a wide smile. You blush, but follow him back to the shops.

...........................

Sandy was able to retrieve all over your grocery items and even recommended you some teas that he thought you may like. You went back to Flower Fruit Mountain with the food and are greeted at the gates by MK and Monkey King. MK was bouncing and praying to the gods that you got the crepes he liked. You did and happily handed them to him. "Thank you thank you Y/n!" MK yelled as he hugged you. "There just crepes MK how good can they be?" you muttered. MK left and Monkey King helped you carry the rest of your bags. He hummed as he stared at your face. "What's with the smile there Y/n?" he teased. "Oh uh n-nothing. I just meet someone today". Monkey King gave a sly look, "Riiight...". You were thankfully for Sandy saving your butt, perhaps fate would make you meet again.

...........................
Hope you enjoyed!