Chapter 29

Third Person's POV'

The equipment outside is ready. A few days after the first trial, the Competition will resume. The targets are already set up outside and flags of different kingdoms are raise lateral to each other.

Black, red, green, blue, and white flags are aligned. The wind is strong enough to make the flags flutter. The sun is shining brightly in the sky, without any clouds the sky shown a color of deep shade of blue, and the air feels clear and fresh. The weather is not too hot.

For the second trial, the Crown Princess was the one who decided what challenge the participants must get through.
Napilitan ang Prinsesa dahil sa ito ang kailangan. But she has a plan.

The next challenge is archery.

WHILE Princess Ava was reading the scroll containing the personal details of the participants, she met the Crown Princess of the Dark Sapphire Kingdom in the hallway.

"Your highness" she happily greeted.

Ava handed the scroll to Reggie to face the Crown Princess Calynn Ambrose. "Crown Princess Calynn, it's nice to see you here. What can I do for you?" she asked.

"You don't have to be so formal, you can call me Calynn, Your Highness" Calynn replied, slightly bowing her head. Ava also slightly bowed her head to accept her respect.

"Well then, tawagin mo nalang din ako sa pangalang Ava.."

A sweet smile curve on Calynn's lips as she heard what Ava said. 'your as humble as I heard you were.

Natutuwa si Calynn dahil sa hindi mapagmataas si Ava. Kahit siya'y nakapagmana ng trono at balang araw ay mamumuno sa kanilang lahat.
Ava's attention shiftedon Calynn's Royal knight. Zane was standing behind Crown Princess Calynn, wearing his black uniform. A formal wear of a knight in the kingdom where they came from.

"Aren't you one of the participants?" Ava asked with a smile.

She remembered the letters that Zane had given her. Those letters, Amarithian writings, that is inscribed on a scroll. Those letters usually cheer Ava, and sometimes those letter gave her something to think about.

It's like the person who wrote those letters knows what she's going through. Well, that's how Ava felt. But sometimes she thought maybe it's just a coincidence, she always remind herself that.

"I am, Your highness.." Zane gave a serious answer to his question, then he bowed while still standing upright. Calynn glanced at her Royal Knight behind her. She chuckled slightly and faced Ava again.

"That's why I'm here to support Zane. 'cause I know behind his sometimes blank expression, he is actually nervous.." The Princess whispered to Ava and giggles.

"You highness.." sambit ni Zane, her whisper is loud enough for him to hear.

Ava feel that the two were close. Kahit pa magkaiba ang kanilang katayuan sa buhay.

Napangiti si Ava sa nalaman. Pakiramdam niya'y nakilala niya ang dalawa sa maikling panahon.

Calynn stopped teasing her Royal Knight when they heard the sound of the trumpet, signaling the participants to prepare. Zane bid them farewell.